• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Ratcheting armrest repair help

rearwheelpeel

Slow Learner
I have an early 240 ratcheting seat mounted armrest that no longer ratchets or stops where I need it to. I can’t figure out how to take it apart or if I would even need to do that. It looks like I’m probably missing a spring or something inside, but I’ve never had another one to compare to. Does anyone have experience fixing one of these, or is there a blueprint I can look at that will show me what I might be missing?

qlk9EOhl.jpg

9D0Y9l3l.jpg

I also have a ratcheting armrest missing that spring that doesn't lock. The other end of the spring appears to go into a hole in the pawl. When I push the pawl towards the pin it will lock.

Edit: Now that I think about it I'll bet there used to be a similar pin that in that hole in the pawl and the spring hooked on to it.

240Ratcheting%20Armerest.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like the pawl is missing on your armrest.

9D0Y9l3l.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks so much for the help. Now that I know I am missing something I’ll probably never find, I may try to just rig this thing so it can swing up and down and stay in place.

Back