• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 75 242 DL

Car is officially registered now. Finally...

I hate the plate number. doing custom plates for the car.
I wish they still did the custom blue plates. only black/yellow and white/blue plates.

Last edited:
Car is officially registered now. Finally...

I hate the plate number. doing custom plates for the car.
I wish they still did the custom blue plates. only black/yellow and white/blue plates.

Yea I hear you on the plates...I just got my '78 242 fully registered and they issued new plates, I thought about the new black plates but I see them on too many hipster/bro vehicles now.

Wow, that started out just like my dad's last volvo. Wish he could have seen those pix. Same color, same interior, etc. what a nice car! Kudos.

The car will keep the factory ignition (I may mess with the stock distributor internal settings). I am staying with K-jet (not much needs to change to support 5-7psi). No Computers.

Nice. Can work very good, maybe planned to add some 240 turbo bits (WUR)? Probably fine without though. Looking forward to seeing the results! :cool:

Thanks.

Nice. Can work very good, maybe planned to add some 240 turbo bits (WUR)? Probably fine without though. Looking forward to seeing the results! :cool:

Something like that. I am still planning it out.

I will not be adding the charger yet. Soon, but not exactly sure. It really needs the extra pull though :lol:

Mind sharing your overall wheel offsets? They are 17x8s with 245/40 SuperSports?

It's been a year since I bought the rims and had them refinished... Bear with me.
17x8 offset of +23 I believe...
I had BNE do custom versions of his spacers. Running a 13mm (possible with the larger 73.1mm CB of the rims) up front to clear the calipers and spring seat.
Running a 18mm spacer on the rear.
So that should be an effective offset up front at +10 and the rear at +5??

Tires are Continental DW ExtremeContact 245/40 17.

As per the weight of them... Not the lightest wheels. Lots of material in them.
I believe I weighed the rims at 23# and the tires are like 22# totaling in around 45#

Edit:
I should add, that is with -1.3 degrees camber.

Last edited:
Thanks! Those are roughly the numbers what I think would work best with my car. You just confirmed it with those perfect fitment pics :oogle:

Harald

wow thats one sweet looking 242.. looks very clean and yeah nice to see the old B20 in good hands, nice setup of the car

Thank you guys.

Pat, I don't know when/ if I can make it to the BBQs and garage sales.

What program are you using to make your subwoofer and speaker enclosure?

I use Rhinoceros for all 3D modeling.
I used it to find out the largest volume enclosures I could use with everything back there.

Then I only modeled the sub enclosure to print some drawings. The shelf enclosures I made as I went (things changed).

Other things from Rhino:

model different spacer thickness to test (3d Printed) before I Had BNE make them.

Door lock Switch adapter for the center panels (3d Printed).

Final looks like this

I also 3d printed the rear shelf holder brackets.

Hard to see in the picture.

And finally,

The supercharger stuff.

Pulleys FTW

Final pulley.

Supercharger bracket ver.1. Getting an idea how much space it will require...etc.

Pat, I don't know when/ if I can make it to the BBQs and garage sales.
I need to make a trip to LA area when the weather is better to drop off Duders side skirts and harass the Buchka's. I'll PM you when I'm coming down and maybe we can all meet up for a BS session.

I like the power door lock adapter thing. You can make a lot of cool stuff with 3D printing these days.

I need to make a trip to LA area when the weather is better to drop off Duders side skirts and harass the Buchka's. I'll PM you when I'm coming down and maybe we can all meet up for a BS session.

I like the power door lock adapter thing. You can make a lot of cool stuff with 3D printing these days.

Sounds good. Though I do not know how busy we will all be when you come down ;-)

Oh snap, Rhino 3D! I learned some very basic stuff on it ages ago. That's some awesome work that's going on here.

Nice. I love Rhino. It's simply the best software I have used.
Though it lacks a great layout setup like Revit, Solidworks, or AutoCAD.

I learned it in architecture school. My thesis project below.

Guess that building.

Back