• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone in the SE had a t5 rebuilt by a shop they highly recommend?

Fast740fromSC

300+ Member
300+ Club
So with the added confidence of beefing up my subframe I have completely roasted my t5 during some hooning. On my way home it wouldn?t shift out of fifth (it was mostly highways home and 12ish, I decided to limp it home) and completely seized 200 yards from the house. I?m putting down 280/320 so instead of just putting another junkyard trans I?d like to have this one rebuilt. I?ve been looking at promotion powertrain in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I?m in upstate SC. I?m not opposed to shipping for someone who will do a rebuild that?s going to hold up for a good while agains my shenanigans. I?m also going to try to keep it under $1k.

So with the added confidence of beefing up my subframe I have completely roasted my t5 during some hooning. On my way home it wouldn?t shift out of fifth (it was mostly highways home and 12ish, I decided to limp it home) and completely seized 200 yards from the house. I?m putting down 280/320 so instead of just putting another junkyard trans I?d like to have this one rebuilt. I?ve been looking at promotion powertrain in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I?m in upstate SC. I?m not opposed to shipping for someone who will do a rebuild that?s going to hold up for a good while agains my shenanigans. I?m also going to try to keep it under $1k.

I stand by my theory of just buying two WC's from the JY.
OR
Get yourself a jericho 4 speed. Because gear whine is badass.

Back