• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Issues with Walbro 450 and "stock" fuel pressure regulator

JKnuck6

I have a walbro 450 and a "stock" 4bar fpr from a dodge daytona. I am having SERIOUS issues with drivability 1200-2500rpm. Everything above that is amazing.

It is on microsquirt and a turner has spend hours with it. He is saying the only thing he would put his money on is the fpr. Any help or suggestions?

IS it possible the pump it too much for a stock fuel pressure regulator?

Has anyone adapted an aftermarket FPR (like a Nuke or Aeromotive) to a stock Fuel Rail? Fuel system has been upgraded from to back with e85 safe lines... lost done to the rest of the engine... built bottom end, stage 3 KL cam, microsquirt, arp headstuds, springs, ported in head (intake and exhaust side).

I think a pressure gauge test would provide the answer. See if the pressure is spiking up a bit in low-flow situations. is the return line still the same size? It's possible that's the restriction, but more likely the FPR.

Interesting. I have seen this part you linked me too before. It seems as though I might need to go this route. I would be interested on how to actually test my FPR.

Interesting. I have seen this part you linked me too before. It seems as though I might need to go this route. I would be interested on how to actually test my FPR.

Buy a cheap 1/8 npt fuel pressure sensor off ebay and connect it to your fuel line somewhere. I connected at the banjo bolt on the fuel filter. Then connect to your microsquirt and log it.

What are your injector dead times? If the dead times are not set right the injectors can shut off on small squirts.

If you don't know the dead times, google your injector part #?

Back