• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

850 coolant boiling

Sketchysedan

Just had the engine from my ?95 t-5r out for a manual swap. Prior to the swap it had no coolant issues at all. When I put the engine back in, at first I had a minor coolant leak which I have since fixed. The coolant reservoir boils over if I let the car idle too long. Always happens when coolant temp is 205-210 degrees, can?t tell if the fan will come on or not because it won?t get hot enough before it boils over. I have used block tester and there are no combustion gasses in the coolant. I noticed the old green cap was very cracked so I replaced, the new cap is gray and 125 kpa vs the green being 150 kpa. Any suggestions? If I?m moving, car fluctuates between 145 and around 190, only when I stop does the temp go up and it boils over. Any suggestions?

Nevermind, figured it out. Temp sensor was all messed up and reading lower than actual temp, causing the fan to never come on.

Back