• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Project Formerly Known as Scrapple

Hmmm, hardly a project at this point :raincloud:

Just been driving it. The rear seat fold-down latch broke, so I figured the time was ripe to go ahead and swap in the rest of the black interior bits from the '93 parts car. Learned upon wrestling the broken rear seat back that the '91 and '93 seat backs have different hinge and latch locations and mechanisms, so I guess now I need to go on the hunt for a '91 (pre-'93?)rear seat. Blah.

As it sits I can't fold down the wider rear seat back, can't fit the bike in there. Tried to brute force it, bent the brackets holding the seat latch to the unibody :help:

CNqbFrwh.jpg

Drove to Ocean City with dad and a coworker, gawked at hot rods, ate pizza. Decided upon returning home that the exhaust manifold gasket leaks were loud enough that it couldn't hurt to fix it while I'm (stalled)preparing the engine swap

So now I have a very quiet motor that drools oil from the stupid oil return where it meets the block. Fixin' stuff begets fixin' more stuff

Lombardi's!!

Also, those wheels look familiar! :) Still not going to paint them? They look really good on the 940.

Last edited:
Did you make that grille? If project stuff is still on the table you definitely won't regret the M90. It turned my 944T into an actual fun car versus the somewhat dull taxi it was before. I wish I had a less aggressive rear axle, though.

Did you make that grille? If project stuff is still on the table you definitely won't regret the M90. It turned my 944T into an actual fun car versus the somewhat dull taxi it was before. I wish I had a less aggressive rear axle, though.

I did not make the grille. I'm on the fence about putting a 5-speed in this turd because right now it's my only automatic transmission vehicle, and it behaves just fine.

At the moment I'm working in Fairbanks - got this text from back home:

xDKSdXsh.png

edit: have another hatch (grey), wondering if it's easier to paint and swap a hatch ($not much + labor) or find replacement glass

Last edited:
Finding a rear window for my car that someone was willing to ship was a huge pain, but that was new/on insurance's dime. It ended up coming from a dealer all the way in Minnesota and took about a month.

Call local glass companies (local to the car, not to you). I had a similar issue on my 2004 V70R (rock kicked up by a bro truck when my wagon was parked at a tire shop). Glass company had OEM glass panels going back to the early 70's for Volvo out of a Phoenix warehouse. Cost to the insurance company ended up being less than $200. Well worth it IMO.

Thank you guys. Just liability on the car so the cost will be out of pocket. I might step up my game and do a special Hagerty (or whatever, using state farm at the moment) policy on the car in case dumb **** like this happens again in the future, since the wagon pool is drying up rapidly.

JKMMwpmh.jpg

tOchtqeh.jpg

Dudes from Delmarva Auto Glass did a very good job. The glass itself is not amazing but it looks fine, isn't broken. Passenger side heater wire was too short so that's a job for another day (told them I'd do it so they can move on with their lives)

No real update, currently working on the project called life & sanity. Main focus right now is closing out a divorce, once that's done and lawyer fees are no longer a question mark I'll be back on this wagon. Since my last post I was gifted an ex- Y series harness, so that's at least one more tiny piece of the puzzle (going to autocross it eventually).

Still drive it at least once a week, so it could be worse.

At least you're still driving it!
I've got so many cars I haven't even touched my 242 in months. And last time I started it the alternator wasn't charging.....

Operation 4+1 has begun

Parts car mayhem to follow. Just did the worst part yesterday - contortionist under-dash pedal box wrestling. What an unpleasant job.

crust:
9KzDPAul.jpg

9obZe9Vl.jpg

the crux of this operation, pedal #3:
YrKslHml.jpg

ow, my spine
O1GHq2Al.jpg

And now for bonus photos. Fresh meat on the truck wheels and a rare photo of MikeP painting the center of his 245 gold.
0fJyDfVl.jpg

eScGAzYl.jpg

Back