• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

83 242 V8 LQ4 swap

This actually answers a long-standing question I've had about intercoolers and heat soak on our bricks, especially with swaps - thanks. :-P

I've been following this build from a distance, is definitely on my list of "things I need/want to do" - Wanted to say that this is extremely impressive and love all the work you've put into it. (Nice RX7 Kill by the way ;-) )

Jeez. This is epic. I hope i can come check this out when I get back to Modesto.

Could this car get any more amazing?
It has so many hardcore full-racecar types of features, yet retains a very clean almost OEM look to it. When you see it parked on the side of the road, you would never know that it is so insane under the hood. Even after seeing the slicks and the Kirkey seat, you'd still never expect it to be so fast. Or so well built.
I love it. If you EVER put this thing back up for sale, I'm going to steal it from you. Beware! haha

This has been my inspiration for a while. Like a sloppy mechanics build with more money and less sloppy. I work in a laser shop so seeing you build your own parts makes me stoked on building mine.

Got my 30 dollar timer relay all hooked up. This will allow my to launch on low boost and have high boost come on a set time after releasing the brake. Just another thing to play with and hopefully make the car work a little better. Went on a 100 mile drive today and did the first real pulls with the intercooler. It feels really fast, but haven't done any full high gear boost pulls since it popped so it could just be that. Intake temps maxed out at 132 degrees after a pull and the intercooler doesn't seem to be a restriction, so im pretty excited to see what it will do now.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z7uP74ptg2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Off topic here. I got to tune a sandrail this weekend with a turbo 5.3. Stock bottom end with a cam and spring upgrade, 68mm eBay gt45. All I can say is OMG! I can't wait!

We tuned to 14psi where the Mendiola MD2 let us know that it had enough

The 5.3 gt45 combo is unstoppable LOL. I feel sorry for the owner of the rail, a trans that will live in it is going to cost 5 times his engine combo. What did it make? I guess high 500's through the transaxle? I work at a vw shop and do a lot of sandrail stuff. People are shocked when they find out they can spend 15k just to get a transaxle that wont break behind a mild v8. Used th400's FTW!

We were actually tuning at the sand dunes, so now power numbers, but for sure I between 500/600whp. We could go from 30mph cruise to over 100 redline in about 3 seconds! That combo has about 0 lag time

I'm excited to get my Z car running

The valve is just being opened or closed by the relay. For high boost the valve lets boost pressure through the regulator to the dome of the wastegate to add effective spring pressure.

Back