• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

That's really clever, and thanks for doing all the research on it for me! Hehe. I'm likely just going to copy you on that fuel pump as well. I like how it returns right by the pump so basically the baffle will stay mostly full while driving. That was a huge problem I had the last time I converted a 122 to EFI, was it sucking air on long left turns when the gas all sloshed over to the right. It happened on anything less than half a tank. I'm lucky I never burned out the fuel pump.

Good luck on getting it started!

Yeah it really is the best option for this I think. I thought of adding a sump to the tank but it's a lot of work for a 50 year old fuel tank and then it's too low for one in-line pump to be mounted anywhere under the car. Had a fuel cell but just wasn't a fan of the whole idea. I'd like to keep most of my trunk space and with this you can. I'll try to route the fuel hard lines all the way to the drivers side to keep them out of harm's way.

Nice, I'm getting some new hardlines to work on for the winter, I'm interested to see how you end up routing them. Hurry up and get it all installed! ;-)

Not sure if I missed it but did you solve the hood latch problem yet? If not check out the Unibody Ford pu in the new HR magazine. Pretty cool set up.

Attachments

• 1962-ford-f-100-leather-hood-clips.jpg
    1962-ford-f-100-leather-hood-clips.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 376
I'm still planning on remaking the factory piece somehow. Still several things to do before I get there though. Today I mounted the FPR and fuel filter and then ****canned the idea of using the aluminum fuel line and just bought enough fittings and braided hose to do the whole car.

I was doing it without a bender and kinked the first line I tried so I threw it on the ground and went to the speed shop. Mostly a matter of not having the right tools for the job and braided hose is so easy to work with.

Fuel system is basically done. Just need to do some research on how to vent the fuel tank.

e5Z7dhB.jpg

6rRGYcP.jpg

Back