• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mattis' Beater 245

Considering getting some of these, 16x8, and 16x9 stagger.. Yeah I know, have been considering lots of wheels already in this thread:lol:, but these are soo pimp, and cheap

T2eC16dHJHEE9ny2sq1LBQ-smDEdKg60_12_zps7e7bfe3f.jpg

Have also been thinking about an roof rack, really want the 145/245 rack, as so:

537766_389871567700525_428936464_n_zps0dbd4bdd.jpg

But they sell so quickly/are hard to find that I might just slap on one of these on:

57C05AD8-AB61-4CD6-8877-FF8AA03E50F8-468-000000454C3377FB_zps84daec0e.jpg

takgrind.jpg

Until I find one of those 145/245 racks, as I already have one. Maybe one of the swedes on this forum can help locating one of those 145/245 racks?

Why you destroying all these sweet 245's! Hahaaha,

????

Pfft I haven't destroyed a 245 in ages.. well at least a month...

This one was bought as a donor car for all of my 245s (91 model, LH 2.4, M47, black cloth interior) drove it for two days, and junked it over a weekend, the only thing left on it when it went to the JY, was the rear axle

I guess I don't have access to tons of parts cars, they hardly show up around here, nor do I have the place to store them. Simply saying even the red one above looks like its in great condition, I don't see rust, body damage, dents ect. Looks good. I think what got it started for me was that gorgeous early blue 245. I guess I am still harping on that, haha, I wanted it before you started parting it, it was perfect. :)

Maybe one day I'll understand.

I guess I don't have access to tons of parts cars, they hardly show up around here, nor do I have the place to store them. Simply saying even the red one above looks like its in great condition, I don't see rust, body damage, dents ect. Looks good. I think what got it started for me was that gorgeous early blue 245. I guess I am still harping on that, haha, I wanted it before you started parting it, it was perfect. :)

Maybe one day I'll understand.

When you live in the middle of nowhere, space is not a problem. Even tho the red one looked ok, it was rusty as heck on the underside, I have no problem killing a some "new" 240s to keep the old ones alive, since there's barely any left around here.

The blue one isn't parted, it's kinda in, lets call it a "trading loop", it gives good/better parts to my two other 245s, and get worse parts back.

Haha, at least it's not a goner, eventually down the road I'll be in the market for something exactly the same! and I absolutely understand what you are saying. I have seen only a few 240's in the yards the last couple of years, eventually I'll need some parts cars b/c i won't be able to find them anywhere else and to avoid the stupid yard prices they set.

Part's in bulk form

Bought it dirt cheap 'cause someone broke the windows on it, adult owners since new..

The important thing.

B230FK, don't know if it's a squirter block tho, M46 with hydraulic clutch, and limited slip diff.
After I've yanked those things the rest will be parted and crushed..

Todays JY score, came off an chevy astro. I believe they will look cool on the 245.

And another score, for free! 1975 model B21, M45

Will be stripped, REALLY rusty in the floor..

The orange one: It dropped the timing belt on the way home, like 10 years ago, after that it it has just been standing around until I got it..

After I got it home, I noticed the mileage (?)

(US miles 367714)

I figured that with that mileage I HAD to try to get it running (Since I find that sort of thing "interesting", see this thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=164445)

Took the timing belt off..
Tried moving the cam. moved.
Oil pump/distributor axle. also moveable.
crank. Nope..

Took a 2 meter long steel pipe on the tool that was on the crank, put my body weight on the end of it, BANG, and then it moved, sat the engine on it's marks, back on with the timing belt, a bit of gas poured into the carb, and it ran..

Ran pretty good too. First thing I did was a burn out:lol:
Not bad for a seized B21

Random pics.

Sometimes I don't like 240s..
The heater finally went

I also discovered that the drain from the heater was missing. Could that be why my floors were so rusted on the inside? I also discovered that th 75-77models had a different hose, really lucky with that free-mobile being a 75.

(early type on the bottom)

Freebie huge roofrack, needs it's legs shortened a bit, but perfect for hauling stuff (missing 10 cross bars on the pic)

740 was crushed the other day, kept the engine, box, clutch hydraulics, driveshaft, and diff

I have sourced the replacement beater. Sold the ford, and bought this instead..

Think it was supposed to go to the US, small space on the bumper for the license plate, and some options that are unusual over here.

I also purchased a used set of brown R sport covers for it since the seats that are in it are trashed

It has the US taillights too

I hadn't noticed that.

It is a 77 model btw.

The "strange" things I have noticed on it:

Charcoal canister in the engine bay, on an B21E
Lambda badge on the grille
Space for the front plate
The lamps on the rear quarterpanels
Brown leather interior
The heater control panel is different
The roof rack

Back