• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Detailed Pics of 3rd seat setups

Rod Kenney

My 84 Turbo wagon came with an uninstalled 3rd seat. I have never paid much attention to the way 3 seats work and how they are integrated into rear compartment so I was wondering if someone could post a few detailed pics of there 3 setup, pay close attention to mounting points and maybe a time shot of the different stages from closed to open. Thanks

Got it at the junkyard for 50 bucks, and installed it in the parking lot in 10 minutes. Easiest way to install is with the seat bottom folded down, and the seat back folded up, with the 2nd row seats fully folded. If you want a description of how to do the install, just let me know, but, as they say, a picture's worth a thousand tacos...

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5583.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

there are nuts on all the bolts. Open the side tubs to get them on the horizontally mounting bolts, and just reach under the metal tray to get them on the vertically mounting ones.

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5584.jpg

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5592.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

this is the only thing I don't like, my floor doesn't sit flat anymore for whatever reason.

took before pictures using my brother's car, since I didn't feel like taking the seat out and putting it back in lol

Also, I don't have seatbelts in mine yet, the would have been too much of a pain in the ass to pull at the jy.

I am going to try to hook up lap belts only, to keep the int. looking clean when the seat is not in use.

just for my 3rd row passengers to play with, when somebody is tailgating too close lol

it's just a toy guys lol but it does make noises...

Need the 240 type

Thanks for the pics but it looks like you have a 740 series........I need the type thank was installed in the 240 wagons The 240's are a little different

Got it at the junkyard for 50 bucks, and installed it in the parking lot in 10 minutes. Easiest way to install is with the seat bottom folded down, and the seat back folded up, with the 2nd row seats fully folded. If you want a description of how to do the install, just let me know, but, as they say, a picture's worth a thousand tacos...

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5583.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

there are nuts on all the bolts. Open the side tubs to get them on the horizontally mounting bolts, and just reach under the metal tray to get them on the vertically mounting ones.

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5584.jpg

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5592.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

this is the only thing I don't like, my floor doesn't sit flat anymore for whatever reason.

took before pictures using my brother's car, since I didn't feel like taking the seat out and putting it back in lol

Thanks just the info I needed:)

Oh hey... just necromancing an old thread here... :) I don't suppose you've still got that info now, do you?

The original linked website appears to have expired and been replaced with an attack website and whoever the bastards are used a robots.txt file to block the internet archive from maintaining copies of pages from the k-jet domain. :rant:

Meanwhile, I keep finding nothing but broken links and incomplete videos that don't cover seat belts.

Back