• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Double Dutch

Only issue I see is the louvers are pointing the wrong way. At speed, that will be making the area a low pressure area and trying to suck air away from the Airbox.
They need to face forward to "scoop" air into it.

That was one of my first thoughts too, funny that you mentioned it. But then i thought, o well it's a turbo sucking very hard and with the louvres the other way round it will shove buckets of water in to it when its raining.

After driving it for a few months now I can say it is breathing (cool air) very well.

Kyote way

Hi, decided to do the kyote way coilovers so bought a set of used struts:

coilover-1.jpg

And after some cutting, grinding, sanding and elbow grease:

coilover-2.jpg

coilover-3.jpg

And now I have to give Ben a call and spend some money, to be continued :oogle:

Very cool- some great work going on here! I think I'm going to copy your idea for the PCV hose, the foam around mine is starting to deteriorate.

Hi, I`ve designed and 3D printed a "Piston install jig" fo easy installing your pistons with piston rings in to your engine.

The tool is tapered so the top is wider then the bottom. In this way you can easily fit the piston rings, slide it down and drop it in the bore. Tested it and works great.
The "bubbles" on top are for easily recognizing the top of the jig :)

Here we go, pictures are self explaining:

Link to Thingiverse

piston-jig-1.jpg

piston-jig-2.jpg

piston-jig-3.jpg

piston-jig-4.jpg

piston-jig-5.jpg

Last edited:
And another piece of 3D that I`ve drawed lately, cuz the speaker caps are mostly gone...
The supports are different, left and right and are trapezoid shaped so keep that in mind.

Link to Thingiverse

speaker-cap.jpg

Last edited:
Caster trick

Photo's from the rod and washer trick I did for the caster (and so many people asked for):

Concerning thread: DET17 camber mod

Concerning thread: Janspeed in Renny D's post

reactiestang-1.jpg

reactiestang-2.jpg

reactiestang-3.jpg

And an interesting document concerning the special tool (sorry in Dutch but you get the drift) about the three different rods.

Standard 390,5 mm
Short 385 mm
Long (so called Taxi rods) 396 mm.

caster.png

camber.png

Last edited:
So no drilling of the washer then, it's a direct fit? That's great:) Do you happen to know the extension per washer, I was looking to get the adjustable arms before?

Hi Heime,

it's about 5mm a washer, so depends on the rods you have, you know now how to measure that =P

Back