• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

slow 240's 242 build "briquette"

finished/installed the 3" exhaust tonight, drove home with non-bleeding ears.

it was nice.

ill throw some pictures up tomorrow, i have the whole day off, so i may consider getting some gaskets for the flanges as well :-P

HUGE thanks to geoff, really couldnt have done this without him, im super stoked on this exhaust, it sounds awesome, all his neighbors agree and im sure mine do too :lol:

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

pretty "straight through" eh?

yeah a few pie cuts could probably net a better tuck, but this fits my needs well.

im not totally sure ill be going low enough to need a better tuck, not to mention im used to my exhaust sagging a lot more than that. my last setup was REALLY cobbled together with lots o clamps.

plus the welds are pretty awesome, and ive been driving around open DP for a month and a half :wtf:

oh and thats a moroso "race type" muffler that actually does a lot better than i thought it would, in car noise is completely bearable, i can hold a conversation in my car again! :-P

oh and my fiancee will ride in it now :lol:

well, i made it 400 miles round trip to Apex NC today for the NC meet, and the fuel pump overheated while i was there, but other than that it sailed through it flawlessly.

7 hours of solo driving is pretty boring, but it was a great meetup. i enjoyed meeting new people and seeing cars that ive never seen before.

ncmeet016.jpg

it feels weird having people take pictures of my car :lol:

it was great getting to put faces to all the usernames, and you better bring your car next time, your car is on my bucket list. i HAVE to see it.

but yeah im really happy with what i have accomplished on the 242, i have a few more plans for it that should really take it to the next level, so when i start my career in august and make close to triple what im making now, this thread might even get interesting :lol:

i lol'd

but no seriously, her checks can just about pay all our bills, my checks will be able to pay the bills.

id like to think MS is next on the list :-D

yeah yoshifab's cas adapter with the hi rez trigger wheel seems to be the way to go.
and thats definitely what im gonna go with.

actually, i really do like jared's setup, so ill probably (hopefully) wind up with something pretty similar

when the car died yesterday, the park ranger was so confused before you walked up.. he kept saying he has NEVER seen that kind of license plate before, and looked like he was about to get out of the car haha. i quickly had to tell him it was a va antique plate.

snazzy new bits from yoshifab. cannot recommend josh enough, excellent product, exceedingly fast shipping, and an awesome price to boot.
DSC_0714.jpg

no installed pics because i dont want you guys to see my greasy engine bay :lol:

gots me a flathood yo!!!!!!!

still need a grill
DSC_0856.jpg

with the turbo grill, de-framed, and kinda jammed in there for photo purposes, its almost right but its curved on the top andthe sides, so it just buuugs me :lol:
DSC_0857.jpg

Back