• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

J pipe for NA manifold

90volvo

Wanting to run an EVO turbocharger. I have a NA manifold that came off of 93 240. Can a muffler shop build the Jpipe or is there anybody on Tbricks that offers them to buy? The build is going into 90 Turbo with auto. While Im asking which Evo is best to use for 450-500 street motor. Thanks for your time.

Maybe you have run across this pic, but "jao" made one from 16g exhaust tubing.

The transition at the manifold flange will take some additional time/fab.

DSCN2057.jpg

Thread: https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=227512&page=2

sorry in the wrong forum. I thought I was in the other. My bad, dont know how to move it. But that pic helps alot. I think I can pull this off. But Im going twin scroll, so 2 small j pipes and I forgot about the waste gate.

IIRC you can run just a single pipe to a twin scroll turbo. That will make your life a lot easier if you're doing a j pipe setup. And it'll make it easier to install a wastegate just as pictured above.

Yeh I know I can do one pipe. But for the full effect of twin scroll, I believe running dual pipe. I was thinking using 1and 4 then 2 and 3. I will see if thats possible on a NA manifold.

I'm pretty sure that's how they're paired in the na manifold., Which is also the correct pairing for twin scroll.

I’m working on it. Sent piping to friend he’s gonna make it for
me. I can weld but I’m not a welder. I need to megasquirt my car first then will focus on the evo. Will keep you posted. I bet he be willing to make some more.

Back