• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage 122 Wagon Rear Plate Bracket: Light Configuration

122in805

Heya. What's the factory mounting method for these plate marker housings? It looks like I'm missing the lens covers which I'll track down somewhere. The painted-over residue on my bracket suggests either a heavy adhesive or a gasket that was glued in place. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Wszs9ZG.jpg

As you stated, you are missing the lenses. You are also missing the rubber seal sleeves and the spring steel retaining straps.

It's hard to explain, but each retaining strap goes through the raised slots on each side of the oval openings after the lens with seal and bulb holder are installed.

I'll try to post a picture.

Thanks Eric! If any other wagon owners are able to post a pic without getting too detailed I can probably deduce what Eric outlined. Nothing is listed on VP Auto but I’ll need to track down some of these bits...

Here are some pictures of a lense and backing plate installed with the strap in place and a picture of just the strap.

The lenses and seals are available new, however the straps are not, so only used ones are out there. I sure hope you have them as the straps are getting really hard to find and most people won't separate them from the whole assembly.

Attachments

• 122WagonLicensePlateAssembly.jpg
    122WagonLicensePlateAssembly.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 122WagonLicensePlateLightRetainingClip.jpg
    122WagonLicensePlateLightRetainingClip.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 16
Ooof. Haven’t seen those straps in the heaps of stuff I’ve slowly sent out the door. Darn. Any chance there is a part number.. or someone reading this has at least one I can purchase as an example for recreating it? I may have to reinvent this solution.

Thanks for the details on this, Eric.

Back