• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MistrThou's try at a +t 93 240

Looks good! You've got a turbo and a manual transmission in a nice looking 240. I like the hydras and spoiler choice on the late model.

Have you considered painting the front lip red with the leftover paint? :e-shrug:

Looks good! You've got a turbo and a manual transmission in a nice looking 240. I like the hydras and spoiler choice on the late model.

Have you considered painting the front lip red with the leftover paint? :e-shrug:
Thanks.
And I hadn't. I don't have that much left over (maybe 1/4 can). But it's Rustoleum Sunrise Red. So easy to come by.

No pics tonight. Drove it up to Janesville and back (26 mile round trip). Darn exhaust is rattling off of the tranny cross member.
Got the e-fan in but not wired correctly. I just have an open ended terminal that I can ground the relay to leave the low speed on. I need to get some female spade connectors and a switch. At least it wasn't even close to running hot.

Car ran pretty ok. Didn't see much boost as I didn't have the boost gauge in yet. I put that in tonight. It was an old sunpro that I had from my last 940. And I swapped the steering wheel airbag for one that doesn't have white duct tape.

Pics tomorrow after a drive to work. Then I can see how many PSI's my 15G is allotting me.

Mexi-muffler shop installing downpipe with extra O2 bung. Amazingly they found a flange to fit the flat flange 15G.
20130905_160307_zps40832aa5.jpg

I picked up an e-fan radiator shroud a while back from a 93+ 940. I had to trim the one side with tin snips to get it to fit the early style 940/740 turbo radiator.
20130905_191809_zps913d7112.jpg

Here's the interior. 2 oddball gauges. Mini tach and boost gauge next to each other. I have em wired so the igniton on = gauge lights. I didn't go all fancy to connect the gauges to the dimmer.
20130906_095203_zps7ea42f33.jpg

Running approx 8psi with a MBC that no matter what I do, can't get more than 8psi out of. It's old (like 2 years old) been sitting in my garage. Probably needs taken apart and cleaned. It's one of these cheapo's.
BCT-M01-BL.jpg

Those are garbage and probably the most useless piece of scrap to ever be sold as an MBC. Nearly anything else is better, I swear.

Those are garbage and probably the most useless piece of scrap to ever be sold as an MBC. Nearly anything else is better, I swear.

worthless junk that is.
But but... it was laying around. And therefore free.

It was already acting up on my 940. I think if I set it more than 13, the wastegate would slam open and stick open with it. Anticipointment would best describe it's spool.

Trav, seriously......controlling boost is for pussies. When someone asks "How much boost ya running?" You should simply be able to honestly reply, "All of it."

I made a trip to Grainger. Bought 2 1/4" valves (1 for 240, 1 for 940 later).
They didn't have any barbed elbows. So I need another trip back to Menards.

BTW, the grainger part numbers changed. The mcmaster numbers aren't exactly in their system.
I'm gonna make an fyi post into performance with the new part numbers.

Grainger seemingly changed about a million part numbers in the past year or so. Spent 2 hours with 2 sales people at the Grainger store in Appleton not long ago just looking for their 5/16" set screw collars.

Finally ready for some belated updates.
I spent some time on Monday wiring up another relay for the e-fan. First, the e-fan is fused. Second, Now I can control the fan from inside with the A/C switch.
And since the switch is powered by ignition w/ a 5 sec delay, I can just leave the switch on and the fan turns on automatically.
When the key shuts off, the fan shuts off. I also wired the high speed through the temp sensor on the radiator, but it's stuck closed currently, so the high speed stays on. Have that disconnected till I get a new temp sensor.
I also pounded and reshaped the stock AMM bracket to re-mount the AMM.
Then I borrowed the washer system from the 940 so I could wash my windows. The 940 wont be going anywhere for a while.
20130916_183544_zps6f045d60.jpg

I also took time to install the cruise control kit I pieced together from 3 junkyard cars.
One was an automatic, one was a manual but older car, and only the third car had the turn signal stalk.
20130916_185630_zpsa1defdfa.jpg

Buchka's triple blink doesn't work with the one of these, but I can't remember which.

Another shot
20130916_185023_zpsa40d3808.jpg

And the cruise box.
20130916_185028_zps496045f3.jpg

I have a valve from grainger sitting in the vice witha vac nipple being set by epoxy waiting to replace the cheapo ebay MBC.

Overall, the car's been a blast to drive.
The exhaust guys ran the downpipe too shallow, so the old exhaust now bangs/rubs on the tranny crossmember. That's annoying as hell.
But not as annoying as new hole blown into the old muffler by a turbo exhaust.

2nd gear in the m47 is rough. Once in second, the boost is fun.

Back