• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvobrage's widened 242

Decided not to use a wattlink on the car. So sold the rear Axel lid and cutted away the Mount under the car.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Welded the underside of the strut Towers.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Both sides finished.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Rebuild this this to fit the New trailingarm Mounts.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Welded the underside of the draining pipes in the Wheel houses.
dbtgallery.php

Welded two nuts for the surgetank in the trunk.
dbtgallery.php

Welded a hole that appeared in the trunk.
dbtgallery.php

This is how much I got blasted/grinded/primed before the blaster started messing around. And I runned out of time, had to take the car out from the farmhouse.
dbtgallery.php

The story continues. I called a guy that blasted parts for us at my old work. I knew he did awesome work so I had no problems leaving the car With him.
Got it up in the rotaisse at his workshop.
dbtgallery.php

Two days after he called and the car was finished!! He did absolutely awesome work! Blasted everything except the roof. Inisde the rear fenders, etc. Since he sprayed it With high pressure and Paint without thinner I had to go over every small Place With a brush. He didnt want to do it since it was boring and since it took alot of time I saved alot of Money on doing it myself.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

The car back on Wheels! No of to the New workshop I have rented:)
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Why did you decide not to use the Watt's linkage?
Because the rules here in Norway for getting the car road legal is very strickt. The wattlink was the only thing in my Application I didnt get an excat answer for. And it would never be 100% optimal without altering the original Panhard Mount.
I have had that exact same vision for the 4" intake pipe into the inner fender!
Think it will work out good! Will Connect a hose there and collect air from the intake in the front lip.
Very nice again. Just 2 holes, man, I'm jealous of that :D
Just two holes now, but remember that I have welded many meters on the car before blasting:grrr::-P
Good to see this project rolling! Good work! :nod:
Thanks for the Nice comment! Have some more pics before Im up to date, will try to post them in the near future.

Would it be an annual check for legality? The advantage of a Watts link is that it's easily removable, right? The panhard will probably be fine, but I noticed a lot more stability adding one (compared to nothing at all that is, on a still rubber bushing mounted axle).

Wicked progress man. Looks great! I dig the drain mod. Really makes you think about how weird the factory way is.

Would it be an annual check for legality? The advantage of a Watts link is that it's easily removable, right? The panhard will probably be fine, but I noticed a lot more stability adding one (compared to nothing at all that is, on a still rubber bushing mounted axle).
No its every two years:) Everything else will be New under the car so Im guessing the Panhard rod will be good enough. Time will show:)

Wicked progress man. Looks great! I dig the drain mod. Really makes you think about how weird the factory way is.
Thanks alot for the Nice comment!:) Yes indeed, have no idea why they decided to put the draining inside the body:-P Had some thoughts about water coming up from the Wheel when Im driving, but I decided it will probably not be a problem.

More parts for the wiring harness.
dbtgallery.php

Welded some 25mm lowering "stuff".
dbtgallery.php

Got to borrow the waterjet at my old work. Cutted a plate for the fuel filler I will make in the trunk lid:)Group a style!
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

New plates for Tower strut brace. It was alot of Welding, bending and cutting on the old ones so want to make a New set.
dbtgallery.php

Plates for gearbox Mount.
dbtgallery.php

Mount for the fuel catchtank:)
dbtgallery.php

Finished welded. Did it like this so it wouldnt be any visible welds.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Cleaned up the rear Axel a little bit. Need to weld in New plates for the bump stop.
dbtgallery.php

Tested the elefant lifter I bought together With my Brother. Transporting the engine to the New workshop.
dbtgallery.php

And got a New fuelrail:)
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Bought a brand New lower front plate. Not sure if I will use it tough, havent decided what front end I will be using.
dbtgallery.php

Bought some more parts. Filter for the oil catchtank With AN12 Connection.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Some more AN.
dbtgallery.php

AN8 for the aluminium fuel pipe.
dbtgallery.php

10 meters AN8 fuel pipe.
dbtgallery.php

For the trunk fuel filler.
dbtgallery.php

Wheel for the New dynamo Mount.
dbtgallery.php

A friend made a pipe for the New dynamo Mount.
dbtgallery.php

Put on a LM Wheel for some motivation:)
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Almost touches here. Think I will try to Mount standard torque rods to see if it moves back little bit.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Got some Tools and Space to keep the parts in the New workshop.
dbtgallery.php

DRE racing welded the gearbox for me. The car he had was really awesome! 242 With 16v turbo engine, about 500 hp on the rear Wheels:D He took me for a ride, best time of my life:D
dbtgallery.php

The gearbox looked really good.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Got a R exhaust manifold from USA!
dbtgallery.php

Bought kaplhenke brakelines holders.
dbtgallery.php

Enigne on the way in.
dbtgallery.php

And mounted:)
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Wow man, this is the best build tread i've read so far!
You are an amazing fabricator! I am in love with your gauche cluster :)
Keep up the good work!

Thanks alot for the nice comments!!:D Will bomb the thread With some Pictures again:p Im really not god at updating on the way.

5/11/2017

Got some parts from a friends partcar. Frontfenders.
dbtgallery.php

Frontplates:)
dbtgallery.php

Headlights, mostly for testing, but they arent as bad as I tought. A few extra parts and the will work good.
dbtgallery.php

And alot of other small Things.
dbtgallery.php

21/11/2017
Clamps for the pressure pipes!
dbtgallery.php

Fuelpressure regulator from Speeding.se. Check out there site, they have alot of awesome parts!
dbtgallery.php

Original Volvo 19t turbo:)
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Exhaustflange and lambdanut.
dbtgallery.php

And Connection for the fuel rail.
dbtgallery.php

24/11/2017

Pipes for water cooling.
dbtgallery.php

Tried to take out the pin bolts in the R manifold. Broke both of them:p