• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvobrage's widened 242

25/11/2017

Made parts for the throttlebody distance.
dbtgallery.php

Cutted and marked the waterpipe, making it out of two 850 pipes.
dbtgallery.php

01/12/2017

Welded in the threaded Things for the belt.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Welded the throttlebody adapter, missing some Mounts.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

20/02/2018

Got some AN Connections for the turbo. AN4 for the oil and AN6 for the water.
dbtgallery.php

Got a original gearbox Mount and drilled holes for the ZF.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Welded Mount for the MAP sensor. Please dont look at the welds!
dbtgallery.php

Spotted the intercooler/radiator Mount together.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Had to cut away alot from the lightmount plates to get Space for everything.
dbtgallery.php

Spotted With everything in Place!
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Started on the New strutbrace, bolted together the parts.
dbtgallery.php

Spotted the first part of the generator Mount.
dbtgallery.php

Borrowed this awesome tool from a friend!
dbtgallery.php

Drawed some parts and had a friend at my old work Place cut them out for me.
dbtgallery.php

Spotted together:)
dbtgallery.php

Spotted and welded the first pressure pipe:D
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

20/02/2018

Spotted and welded the other pressure pipe.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Finished the strut brace.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Welded the Connections on the intercooler.
dbtgallery.php

Removed the lid from the radiator.
dbtgallery.php

Welded a New pipe With correct OD.
dbtgallery.php

And made the upper cooling pipe.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

I'm one hour and a half into your thread reading everything and looking at the pictures. Was well worth the time.

Respect on the attention to detail, car is coming along nicely.

Great inspiration and motivation for my 242 project, also considering to make it widebody now after seeing 2 widened 242s.

that generator "panhard" is genius!!
Thanks! Its right/left threaded so its easy to adjust:)
I'm one hour and a half into your thread reading everything and looking at the pictures. Was well worth the time.

Respect on the attention to detail, car is coming along nicely.

Great inspiration and motivation for my 242 project, also considering to make it widebody now after seeing 2 widened 242s.
Thanks alot! Really nice to hear:)
Just do it! Its alot of welding but not so hard. My biggest tip is to buy the wheels you want first. Would have saved me alot of work since I had to redo some small things after testing the wheels.

Decided to drop the airfilter box I made. It didnt fit with the new front and I think the front end is much more important.
Welded a pipe for the filter. Will have a hose from the inner fender and place the filter somewere in the front.
dbtgallery.php

Last two welds of the week turned out awesome in my opinion:)Really nice to get some time with the tig to practice.
dbtgallery.php

Like this. Will be a plate bolted in the inner fender and welded to the pipe. The pipe goes from 3"-3,5" and from 3,5"-4" right before the end.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

When youre working 10+ hours on the car each day its nessesary with good lunch!
dbtgallery.php

Welded some holes I dont need in the front plate.
dbtgallery.php

Spotted togheter a windshield washer tank.
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Testing. Think I might move it to the other side, but will look at it more this weekend:)
dbtgallery.php

And some pictures I took sunday before I left the car for inspiration!
dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

This is insane! Are you using really stiff engine mounts? There doesn't seem to be much flex in the intake and intercooler piping.

This is insane! Are you using really stiff engine mounts? There doesn't seem to be much flex in the intake and intercooler piping.

Yes they are quite stiff, my brother uses the same in his 740 T5:)
But Since there are 90 degrees silicone on both intake and turbo I think it will work fine. They allow pretty much movement:) The intercooler and radiator stands on rubber mounts so they will give a little bit of movement so the pipes doesnt crack. I hope:-P

If this doesnt work I will replace the connections with movable. I bought these, and two weeks later speeding had new ones(same brand) who can move around some degrees...But since I already had these I want to try them.

I've been reading your thread today on your awesome build! I got to pg 26 from 2015 where you mounted the Watts link. Something didn't seem right about how you did it and I don't know if anyone else has addressed it since I've traveled through time to 2018. It's where you mentioned getting both arms to the same angle that seemed wrong. So here is a vid I found about the basic workings of a Watts link:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xWl3Cd7edgM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

had a look at the speeding shop.. cool parts... i wanted to replace my chinesium FPR through an AEM one, but thats also pretty cool..

Last edited:
Cool project! And where do you buy these aluminum elbows?
Thank alot! Ive bought some from a friend and the rest at speeding.se! They have cones and everything in aluminium.
I've been reading your thread today on your awesome build! I got to pg 26 from 2015 where you mounted the Watts link. Something didn't seem right about how you did it and I don't know if anyone else has addressed it since I've traveled through time to 2018. It's where you mentioned getting both arms to the same angle that seemed wrong. So here is a vid I found about the basic workings of a Watts link:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xWl3Cd7edgM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You are not the first to adress it! And I dont know if you read the Whole thread but I decided to cut away the New Mount I made and just go With a regular Panhard. Becuase of the Things you mention, there was several Things wrong With the way I did it.
But thanks for the heads up anyway!:) Important to share ideas, espesially when its important corrections!
had a look at the speeding shop.. cool parts... i wanted to replace my chinesium FPR through an AEM one, but thats also pretty cool..
Yes, they have alot of Nice parts! Everything in my fuel system will be from them:)
The parts they have that they make themselves are really good quality and they make spareparts for everything:)
If you are ordering something you can mention my name, that would be really Nice of you:):)

Back