• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Post pictures of where you've put you aftermarket boost gauges

Why not just put it in one of the stock 52mm spots?

You can get up to 5 with the triple gauge bracket - that's oil pressure, wideband, boost, and then your choice of oil/trans temp, clock, volts, tach, etc for the remaining 2...

Do they not have a boost gauge in the dash like the 740s? Sure it's not calibrated but it's pretty easy to calibrate it. Personally I don't mind the standard uncalibrated gauge, all I really need is a go/no-go indication from which I can tell if something doesn't look right. I'm not starting at the boost guage while I'm driving around so once it's dialed in I don't care how many PSI it is at a given moment.

Why not just put it in one of the stock 52mm spots?

You can get up to 5 with the triple gauge bracket - that's oil pressure, wideband, boost, and then your choice of oil/trans temp, clock, volts, tach, etc for the remaining 2...

940s dont have these unfortunately. This is what my interior looks like

http://www.moibbk.com/images/volvo-940-interior-4.jpg

Do they not have a boost gauge in the dash like the 740s? Sure it's not calibrated but it's pretty easy to calibrate it. Personally I don't mind the standard uncalibrated gauge, all I really need is a go/no-go indication from which I can tell if something doesn't look right. I'm not starting at the boost guage while I'm driving around so once it's dialed in I don't care how many PSI it is at a given moment.

They do have boost gauges but I'd like to know the actual psi.

thessejway They do have boost gauges but I'd like to know the actual psi.[/QUOTE said:
Hook up a calibrated gauge in parallel, connect it to an air compressor or lacking that, a sportsball hand pump. Increase pressure in 1 PSI increments and neatly mark a line on the stock gauge. For a while at least someone was selling calibrated decals for the older 700 series boost gauges. Once you know that for example 2 o'clock = 12 PSI (just pulling a number out of my ass) then you can tell the actual PSI just looking at the stock gauge. Once it's dialed in it will always go up to the same pressure when you get on the boost.

My bad, I read 240. Carry on.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I've seen people sell 3D printed brackets for mounting 52mm gauges in the air vent or center console locations.

at first i just had a metal gauge bracket slightly tucked under the cluster in front of the clock. it worked fine but looked cluttered.

i have since added the ipd a-pillar 3 gauge mount. which means i can now see the warning lights. kinda hard to see, but best shot i have of the pillar syle.

i want one of those stress ball guys that you squeeze and all his eyes/ears pop out hooked up so when i hit hard boost it makes everything pop out

SA3A0079_zpsxkcpgnnm.jpg

I would, but I don't seem to have any pictures of my passenger seat, so this is about as good as it gets
large.jpg

Back