• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1990 240 Wagon

evan55

Single-Slammer
Hey all, Picked up this 240 wagon with 230,000 kms for $1000. Paint is pretty faded on the hood and roof, but it's rust-free.

Is it normal for these engines to sound like a sewing machine when driving? Oil is full and no leaks, just a noticeable ticking sound.

So far I cut the springs, painted the tailights, and some cleaning.

Also have the ipd tune-up kit coming in as well as clear corners.

Evan

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

You know you can just pull the amber reflector out of the turn signal, right?

I like the color. It already looks neat, but you and your bumpstops must be inseparable.

Last edited:
Some tint, blacking your trim, and some nice alloys (maybe some millies?) would really make that thing beautiful. looks darn good as is. Cars are so much cleaner out west. Dig the colour. Manual or auto?

Thx for the comments everyone, ordered a roll of 20% tint a few days ago, tune-up done, and clear corners in

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

Definately need new wheels and tires...thinking of some wide 17's.

Also need to get rid of the broken tape player and put in a deck and speakers. What speaker size is good for the front? (car has power windows)

That MR2 looks baller. Shame about your clearcoat peel. My wife's car has 5.25" Boston acoustics components in the stock housings in the doors. Pretty sure they needed modifying to make them fit though.

Back