• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b230fk turned up M47 clutch advise

Scuby

I've searched, read and browsed and googled. I have come across no clear or concise answer.

I understand the consensus is to run a dog dish flywheel instead of the dual mass. I have several question I hope can be answered and that my questions and the answer help others searching.

The setup is a b230fk (from a late 940/m90 car) going in a 245 with an M47 transmission. I know, most will say m47 is junk but that is what the owner wants. Also this is his daily and he is barely a spirited driver.

The b230fk is running wasted spark and about 0.75 bar of boost, perhaps a set of chips to the 200hp spec will follow.

So, keeping that in mind. I have a dual mass flywheel that was on the motor as it's an m90 car. Can i piece the following together to make it work with the m47 (I want te keep the LH2.4):

Dual mass m90 flywheel
M90 pressure plate
m47 clutch plate
m47 throwout
?

Other option would be to purchase a single mass LH2.4 flywheel and run the full m47 setup.

That was question one.

Question two is as follows with regards specfiicaly to the clutch disc. Here in The Netherlands I can get various clutches from Sachs. They offer 4 different types of 228mm 22 spline clutch plates. All have different part numbers. All have the following cross reference

type 1: Low power motors from 2/7/9's (we can disregard these)

Type 2: The 740/760 turbo's (b23et, b230et, b230ft etc) Part number: 1878 005 610 Sachs

Type 3: The D24/D24Tic Part number: 1861 905 039 Sachs

Type 4: The 16v range (b204, b234 etc) Part number: 1878 005 616 Sachs

So question is: which one of the last three. They are all 228mm. They are all 22 spline. What are the differences going to be? Springs in the centre?

Only differences I can tell are part numbers, power outputs are the higher end of factory be it torque on the diesels or hp on the turbo's. The ONLY difference in the specs I can find is that the Diesel is "type" of clutch is listed as "WTB" while the other two are "TB". Google couldn't help me on that one either.

I look forward to your responses. Thanks in advance.

Cheers from the Netherlands

Last edited:
Dual masa flywheel won't fit in the m47 bellhousing. Use a dogdish and b230et disc and PP from sachs

Also the M47 clutch plate and the M90 pressure plate are different sizes.
eabras gives the correct answer.

Actually the correct answer would be to fit the M90 gearbox, but the M47 should be fine with 200bhp.

Back