• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Amazon wheel fit and tire size.

BoostRadley

Sorry if this has been beat to death. I've read some older threads but was hoping for some reassurance before I spend money. I have the opportunity to buy some good wheels for my 67 Amazon project. According to the owner, they are 16x8, et25, 5x114.3. From what i've read, these should fit. I know I may have to have the hub bore opened up a bit, and i'll probably have to trim or roll the fender lips. 7" seems to be the widest ideal width for aftermarket wheels for these cars so I may be reaching to get these under. I'd have to drive a ways to get them and the owner doesn't seem able to get me any more information on them. I guess my questions are...

1. With the offset and width, will they sit okay within the confines of the fenders?
2. What would a recommended tire size be?
3. If I went and checked them out, any more measurements or specs I could check on site?

I'm running a 17x9.5 +5 with a 245/45/17 tire and no rubbing and its lowered 1.5-2" from stock.
BxiM96znVmB

I’m running 17x8 et11 in the front with a 205/45. Could definitely go with a wider tire or less offset. 17x9 fits fine in the rear with a 235/40. The problem with 16s will be tire choices. Not a lot left in that size for cars.

Back