• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

K-Jet a EFI head ?

good luck,theres a bias/distrust of k-jet,d-jet on here that borders on rabid! i love the system and have had to learn its caperbilitys and limitations on my own. ime currently building a 2.5lt 6spd 242 and will start with 8v k-jet then go 16v k-jet, ill be able to give feedback in a couple of weeks about converting efi heads.

OP do you have a special place in your heart for K-Jet?

Modern programmable systems can do more better with reliability we don't see in K-Jet as installed in Volvos and others.

Sooooooooooooo please share with us OP..... What problem are you solving with installing K-Jet in a later head?

It might be cheaper to buy a B230 k-jet head from someone over in England. IIRC, they held on to K-jet for much longer over there

I - sort of - understand technical styling exercise like building a turbo 142 B20 with parts that were available in the 70's - but other than that what there is to gain by utilizing a K-jet system ?

I - sort of - understand technical styling exercise like building a turbo 142 B20 with parts that were available in the 70's - but other than that what there is to gain by utilizing a K-jet system ?

do understand that some people actually like using K-jet, or other CIS systems. some actually just like having something different, some like the simple styling.

there's some k-jet fans here... i'm one of them.

UTCIS-PT is something to look into if'n you're fixin' to do this to a turbo application. it ain't cheap to go all out with k-jet, but it can be pretty rad.
i've also got a sheetload of $ dropped into an ancient magneto and archaic performance parts for just one of my ~45+ year old motorcycles... so what the hell do i know?

(i do know that i'm in the middle of a megasquirt project, and miss k-jet... but am plodding forward with the MS)

K -Jet is simple , problem free ,if clean fuel is used and good for half a million miles ! And I wont have to deal with electrical gremlins ......:-D

ALso IF I do this enginne grows by A whopping 200 cc

Saywhat? You mean to say you intend to build a motor 200cc larger? that's the problem with K-jet. It worked marvelously well for the exact set up it was delivered on, say a 1800 Golf or a 2,0 Saab or whatever, but it was hit and miss if it would tolerate big changes..

Sometimes it would---example using a complete fuel distributor off a GTI onto a Saab 99/900 with a moderate cam, it worked.
Or for hotter apps, a Volvo turbo fuel distriutor and warm up regulator on a hotter 2,0 n.a. motor did that too.

But the choice today is severely limited cause the junk yards aren't full of other K-jet cars to harvest parts off of..
What are you talking about ? Going from 2,1 to 2,3?

Yes ......and there is a B230 in the pnp with 72K on it ofcourse it is a LH2.4 .I want to go from 2.1 to 2.3 and want to keep the K-Jet ? just wondering if the head was machine able ?

Back