• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Question For the Turbo LS 24X Swappers

240 series, or 24X vs. 58X? (heh)

I looked at them briefly, but (without ever trying to fit anything) thought that I'd have fewer issues with the steering going forward with the crossover pipe. Also, not much room going back down and out with the downpipe if you're not doing a fender exit. A crossover pipe coming up would take up room you might need for the downpipe.

In retrospect - something cast iron and spark plug access friendly would probably have been a better choice.

Last edited:
Yeah, it seems the crossover pipe would definitely cause a clearance issue with the DP, especially if it's 4" or 3.5". MOF, for me, room for a DP is one of the drawbacks of this swap, probably because I am not a fan of the DP routed high against the strut tower. Fender exit is an option and I have one on a street-driven drag fox body but it just doesn't seem appropriate for a Volvo ;-)

The suspension/crossmember is limiting the forward placement of the DP, and there's a starter there as well, eating up room. Seeing how snug my DP was in that area, I can't imagine where a crossover coming up would fit in there as well.

I actually used some 3" oval piping in that area. Round from the turbo, high past the strut tower and over the headers, then to 3" oval as it dropped down by the motor into a 90 degree bend, then back to 3" round. And even then with it heat wrapped, I had to add a sheet metal heat shield to the starter.

I used the hooker turbo manifolds on my gremlin. The crossover didn't fit so I made my own but they are a nice piece. I'd say though the provided crossover probably will not fit on a 240. It's pretty wide

Back