• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

bosch to megasquirt tach input

TimS

I'm trying to put a MS2 on a 1984 240 kjet turbo, IC, but don't want to get into ignition control( right now). Can I just go right from the coil or do i tap into the trigger wires from the dist.?
If I use the wires from the dist. do I just tap into each wire and back to the computer
at VR1 and Vr2, with it still connected to the bosch black box?

Tim

Normally, for fuel-only, you tap off the coil negative "-" tab. You need to build the MS2 Coil Negative circuits.

I don't know how Bosch Breakerless connects the 2 VR signals from the distributor. If it grounds one of the signals, you might be able to tap off the other VR wire to MS. (MS expects one of the 2 VR wires to be grounded.)

it is actually a microsquirt, so its ready for both. The manual says the same thing about the - side of the coil, but i mentions not to do if its a CDI unit. I'm not sure if that's the same as what a Bosch system is. I was hoping someone would say that they've run MS like that.

MicroSquirt is easy - connect the Opto +/- wires to the 2 tabs on the coil -/+ (they cross Opto+ to - tab).

CDI is the same thing as an add-on MSD red high-voltage multi-spark ignition box, not the factory Bosch Breakerless ignition.

Once you want to go beyond Fuel Only, you'll need a LH2.2 distributor, or will need to modify the Turbo K-Jet distributor to lock down the vacuum and centrifugal advance mechanisms.

Back