• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brand new '81 262C Bertone Coupe . . .

Kristina's coming out party . . . .

After a couple months detour to the world of Jeep I am back in the Bertone garage.

She got down off the jack stands today for the first time in about 3 years. A little heart surgery and torn rotator cuff got in the way.

Got some cleaning and polishing to do but Kristina starts instantly, timing good, dwell good, fuel pressure regulator pressures good. Idle at about 1000 rpm. Moves under her own power.

edited-image_37.png~original

Location photo shoot tomorrow if the weather holds up.

Last edited:
Was just thinking about you today. I think maybe I'm "it" on our e-mail exchange.
I dusted off Nanci's Bertone and drove it to a cruise in Saturday night, on the way home it was bucking, more surging? Yet to look at why. Hope its simple like a burnt plug wire? Always something!
Looking forward to the photo shoot!

How long had it been sitting Brad - how old was the gas?

Filled up in April, pulled codes tonight PO305, misfire cyl. 5. List of things to check. Hope its simple.
Hoping for good weather Tom! Thinking you are far enough inland not to get much bother from Dorian?

Depends on the path it finally takes Brad. If the eye never makes landfall (that was the predicted path last night) - then probably no effect for Tom. It's big enough, though, that with the current path, we could see tropical storm force winds in Charlotte - and I'm a 4 hour drive from the beach.

Jeez -- category 5 this morning - 160 mph winds.....

Last edited:
Tom -- if you're making it to Eurofest -- John and I will arrive Friday. We're without the wives this year, so we'll have more flexibility this year to visit some. Perhaps dinner Friday night. We're staying Fri and Sat night at the host hotel.

I have reservations at the host hotel also. Yes, Friday and Sat.

Bertone got washed after climbing off the jack stands and runs at the moment. Lots of little things to do.

Oh . . . Nooooooooooooo, Mr. Bill!

Snake bit again.

Rack blew the right side seal . . . and it is only 38 years old. Leaks all over the place.

edited-image_45.png~original

Anyway, its on the floor. Now the scavenger hunt.

The rack is tight as new except for the seal. RockAuto doesn't even carry the rebuild seal kit anymore.

None of the major AP stores carry this on-line now. I will contact a couple store managers locally and see if they can get me something. Couple on ebay. Better contact my BFF Bill at Voluparts before I do anything else. These cars are about to pass into the real historical parts category.

Last edited:
I got 3 different ones at Advance Auto and finally one that would fit (with the Converse kit -- of the 6 possibilities only 2 fit) at a local import auto parts place - all 4 remanufactured units within a few days when mine went out back in 2014/15. Hope you find it. I'd replace high pressure and return hoses while you're at it. They deteriorate from within and the debris doesn't do the pump/rack any good at all.

Could you take the good one out of the wagon just for the trip, until you get a replacement?

Could you take the good one out of the wagon just for the trip, until you get a replacement?

Of course, but that would be very painful plus 2 alignments. Boy, is it getting difficult to get up off the floor from under a car. Perhaps it is time to take up another hobby.

Hey, Tom- I have a ZF rack from a Bertone with new boots. $100 if you wanna zip down here and get it. Pm if interested.

Last edited:
Dropped by MikeSr. home today . . . didn't just drop by . . . drove 75 miles and the GPS only screwed up once. Sorta intentional.

Took him up on his offer of a fabled ZF rack that had been rebuilt and few miles on it.

edited-image_51.png

It looks like that it would fit into any other 240 series car but the oil pan of the PRV makes it a tight fit. The issue is the high pressure hose. The rack high pressure port and the PRV pump output are only a few inches apart. For that reason I would make the assumption that Volvo routed hard line all the way to the right to allow for a rubber hose connection back across to the pump for vibration isolation from the engine.

. . . since this unique 60 degree V6 is a little rough especially at idle.

Pretty sure that's a 90 degree V6 Tom.....similar to the Maserati V6 used in the Citroen SM, and with even-fire crank pins. 60 degree V6's are smooth as silk. Hope to see you there!

Anyone got a ZF passenger side mounting kit for MikeSr's ZF rack? It didn't come with one and I had hoped the CAM mounting would, could, should work. No cigar.

Might want to put it out to the broader TB network in a separate post Tom. My last replacement I switched from CAM to ZF -- so I used the same kit you're looking for.

Back