• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SeanHodgins 1981 242 GLT

this is going to carlisle? holy balls! so many awesome cars at carlisle this year!

Thats the plan, but its realllllly iffy at the moment.

Dang, you work fast. haha

The engine is looking sweet!

Ha, yeah Well It pretty much fit itself in there, so I couldn't help it. I'm trying to think of the best way to get that manifold welded. Picking up the parts today or tomorrow for it. Should I mock it up and bring it out?

Is your windshield frosted while the car is INSIDE the garage!!!!???:wtf:

That is not frost! Its grime from the engine bay when I spent a day pressure washing it hahah, as you can see, engine bay comes first, then body cleanliness.
I would like to think the days of frost are over, but unfortunately who knows around here.

Ha, yeah Well It pretty much fit itself in there, so I couldn't help it. I'm trying to think of the best way to get that manifold welded. Picking up the parts today or tomorrow for it. Should I mock it up and bring it out?

Yeah, that would work fine.
Friday afternoons or Sundays work best for me.

Its amazing how well it works.

Got the modified driveshaft back today and installed it. The inner seal came loose when I mistakenly used the inside to push the other support bearing off(thought it was solid). Now its loose inside driveshaft and It cant come out without cutting it in half, major pain in the ass and I'm pissed it happened. I'm leaving it for now since I have to move the car from my friends place this Sunday. It hopefully shouldn't be an issue other than making a noise a low speed.

Filled transmission and added the new shifter. Hopefully finish some wiring tomorrow. Maybe start it with just the manifold on. I doubt I will get that far though!

Please bring this to carlisle! Im going threw the same process as you are. Just done have time for as much detail as you! You gotta make it to carlisle with this! There are 4 other people on tb, Doing the same thing you and I are. Were all running out of time! but it will be so much cooler if we have multiple +t's that were build within about a month!

Enough rambling, sorry! Car is coming along nicely, Whats your plan for wastegate?

I'm trying!
Still don't have a Co-op anywhere so maybe Ill just be terribly broke and go to a bunch of car shows/concerts all summer. Tour around with the Volvo.

Whats your plan for wastegate?

Wastegate-1.jpg

Wastegate-2.jpg

Wastegate-3.jpg

Best place I could think of putting it, plenty of room for a downpipe too. Its tacked to the manifold runner so its on there really good. Tomorrow picking up some silicone couplers in the states and a vacuum hose kit, and should be very very close to closing the hood and opening a laptop.

Anyone know if its fine to put caps on my oil cooler sandwich plate if I plan on not running one right away? I have one mounted but no lines and I want to make the mounting better. The caps would just be on the AN fittings I have on my sandwich plate.

It'll be fine. I didn't do the welds haha

Well see! I'm just running a dump for now but it will be tied into the system in the near future also.

If anything it will be the ****ty obx manifold to go first.

Nah didn't miss anything... I'm trying but I'm waiting on some silicone couplers from the states, getting them tomorrow. I don't know if it will be tuned well enough (<1 day) to go. I wish I had a car trailer.

I'm just working on the exhaust right now.

Well this was going to be a good post!

Finished downpipe for my awesome turbo!

downpipe-1.jpg

downpipe-2.jpg

First welds using gas on my Hobart. Man! I had no idea what a controlled weld was.

Screamer pipe, yeah.. I know, but I figured I would for awhile.

downpipe-3.jpg

Oh and!

My freaking awesome new turbo isn't so awesome or new. No Carlisle for this car.

tuboseal-1.jpg

Long story short, never checked out the turbine housing until now(don't ask why). Turbo looks fresh from the outside but not so much on the inside. I got screwed, so I'm looking for the guy but its not promising since it was so long ago. This is what happens when you rush a build!

Started it up today!

Tempexhaust-1.jpg

Made a NA exhaust for the time being since my friend gave me 2.5 cars worth of random mandrel bend 3" exhaust pieces. Still too loud, need to make a cheap one tomorrow to leave it running and tune. Shooting flames onto the floor isn't a good idea.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Y7CNDb3zuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey Hodginsa, is that the OBX manifold? I just did my WG port as well, I did mine in the front though... let me know your thoughts on it in general, I'm still a little ways out from getting mine on. Flange is flipped already, but I'm just lazy as hell.

Looks good btw!

Hey Hodginsa, is that the OBX manifold? I just did my WG port as well, I did mine in the front though... let me know your thoughts on it in general, I'm still a little ways out from getting mine on. Flange is flipped already, but I'm just lazy as hell.

Looks good btw!

It seems okay for so cheap! Just hate that you can't install studs in it since the holes are already opened to M10, though I may use stepped M12 to M10 studs.

I did mine the way you 740 one is done. Except I left it short for now until I get it into the car and I can figure out where it should go.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/p480x480/293807_736010488865_2138567440_n.jpg

hopefully it works on a 240 :-(

I was going to go forward and just dump it. But my turbo compressor outlet was right in the way, combine that with the oil drain in the same area I decided to go the back route. I didn't think it could be done very easily at first but I had a pro at MBRP do the hole and confirmed that it would be fine. I just handed it to a welder and said "this pipe goes on this hole and gets tacked to this runner" out of luck it turned out perfect, didn't even need to use a hammer on the strut tower.

It seems okay for so cheap! Just hate that you can't install studs in it since the holes are already opened to M10, though I may use stepped M12 to M10 studs.

I was going to go forward and just dump it. But my turbo compressor outlet was right in the way, combine that with the oil drain in the same area I decided to go the back route. I didn't think it could be done very easily at first but I had a pro at MBRP do the hole and confirmed that it would be fine. I just handed it to a welder and said "this pipe goes on this hole and gets tacked to this runner" out of luck it turned out perfect, didn't even need to use a hammer on the strut tower.

Yeah the holes are doofy large, what about spacers? I wonder if you can get a spacer to go in a few of them to kind of snug things up.

Back