• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Differences between B18D versions

spock345

Does anyone know the difference between the 95hp and 100hp B18D motors? I have tried looking through the spec sheets and I am not sure what the difference is.

Is it a dual port exhaust manifold over the single port? Different needle in the SUs?

A standard 67 122S model would have the dual down pipe cast iron manifold. It is the main reason the power went up a bit without any other changes.

Last edited:
What is the reason for going to the three bolt filters? Do the two bolt ones like to leak? My HS6s are both two bolt setups.

It's a taller air filter that flows more air. By then the B18B was up to 115hp. So they added a bit more aiflow since the engines were also using that dual outlet cast manifold.

I’ve seen a few references to increased flow as in this link.

Carb CFM Flow Rate

HS6 210
HIF6 240

http://www.mgbmga.com/tech/mgb19.htm

The B18D never got HIF carbs. Although I doubt there would be a significant difference in performance if you swap HIFs onto a B18D. I plan to try a set of HIF6s from a '72 B20 on my B18D just to see how it runs. I haven't been able to find any information about whether it works well so might as well try it.

Back