• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Typical '97 945 Turbo

ca donne quoi tes disques rainur?s a l'arriere?

Je les ai surtout choisis parce qu'ils sont cryog?nis?s, j'avais des soucis de disques voil?s avant que ceux ci n'ont pas. Ils s'usent beaucoup plus doucement aussi !

j'ai pas vu qu'elle marque c'etait de disque et plaquettes, j'ai des ebc yellow, j'aime pas trop faut qu'elle chauffe pour que ca freine donc en usage route y'a pas de mordant

j'ai pas vu qu'elle marque c'etait de disque et plaquettes, j'ai des ebc yellow, j'aime pas trop faut qu'elle chauffe pour que ca freine donc en usage route y'a pas de mordant

Nitrac rotors & EBC Yellow pads as well, no issues with cold bite personally. Not as good as stock but not dangerous at all either.

dude, this is sick. jealous of the fact you euro guys got the m90 and we didn't in the states. also sick about the DH i used to do a bunch of freeride, but never got into DH because of a lack of mountains in texas, which always bummed me out. sick thread for some sick cars. keep it up.

dude, this is sick. jealous of the fact you euro guys got the m90 and we didn't in the states. also sick about the DH i used to do a bunch of freeride, but never got into DH because of a lack of mountains in texas, which always bummed me out. sick thread for some sick cars. keep it up.

Cheers dude!! I guess Europe is the place to be for a lot of things haha. I'll be heading home in two weeks to work on it some more.
I've come up with some very neat ideas for the car which I'm keen to show everybody about, stay tuned !

Update time! Went back home and got alot of work done. I'll break it up in a few posts.

After having decided what path I wanted to chase down with this car, I started ordering parts.

9eaDsWk.jpg

Alot of parts !

As I mentionned before I do want to take this car out on the track a bit as well as road-trip it throughout Europe for skateboard related shenanigans. Make it somewhat of a nice GT car. Or as close as I can get a brick to be a GT car haha.

9LmcNBx.jpg

dPGeX4X.jpg

A brand new steering wheel. Black on black Personal Grinta. One of my if not the favorite modification I've done to this car. 350 mm feels just right and the confidence it brings when taking corners quickly is genuinely surprising.
No airbag alas but after the one in my old 940 not blowing up at all during the crash I don't know if they even work 21 years in.

Y9bytll.jpg

KL Racing 60mm intercooler

RupLWTM.jpg

Solid difference in thickness and definitely much more mass, should help with cooling and the cast end tanks won't blow up like the stock plastic ones.

This is not a "bolt in" part at all though.

W1n4ZiF.jpg

XkSemca.jpg

Nfh4NnW.jpg

The intercooler is wider and higher then stock.
Hight wise it was pretty straight foward, just had to cut the rubber "seats" the stock cooler and radiator sit on, so only the radiator's half is left. Effectively leaving the KL Racing one to rest on the bottom support panel.
Width wise however necessitated cutting holes through both left & right headlight supports as well as trimming the top portion.

brpuT87.jpg

It's a tight fit but the endtanks clear.

xNtQ4us.jpg

The brackets holding the assembly against the top fiberglass cover panel also need some "persuasion" to fit the extra thickness of the assembly. I just redrilled mine and added a spare at what's probably a hole for the narrower N/A radiator assemblys.

And voil?.

It's funny how searching for more reliability got me a decent amount of performance and even drivability, the turbo spools up faster and more boost likely meets the intake now. Feels more eager and 'free' on throttle.

Time for a drive down to the coast to skate with the mates!
Took a few pictures;

Se2RpUx.jpg

H5xBKxN.jpg

xUiMyHs.jpg

Mgzdwj4.jpg

To be continued!

Nice update! Bet that that intercooler makes a good difference :)

Actually improved drivability the most surprisingly! Feels like the car breaths easier at lower revs, kind of like a bigger exhaust would feel.

Long overdue update:

Overhauled my whole exhaust system sourced from my old wrecked car, it was a JT-Tuning 3" with a single muffler. Added:
-Resonator
-High flow cat
-V-bands
-Relocated wideband O2 bung
-Bracket for the bellhousing mounting point
-Chrome tip !

Painted it all high-temp blaaaaack.

lSPMiFG.jpg

HCihvdb.jpg

Fitted my old 15g while those horrible downpipe bolts where off ! Definetly a small but nice upgrade from a 13c.

Finally got around to fabbing the front Kaplhenke coilovers, it's the stock length strut mount w/ Koni Yellow's and 275lb Eibach springs. Matches the rear 200lb springs nicely. It's pretty tame spring rates mainly because the Koni's can't deal with much more, and this is my daily driver.

fPHnfGx.jpg

xiXNxJL.jpg

Zbu4FR2.jpg

All painted and installed with the BNE Select top mounts:

B2wzO5A.jpg

The difference these all made to the front end is amazing. The car is now much more predictable and keen to turn in.
It still has some body roll, blame the soft ish springs, but it's probably half of what the stock suspension had.
I'm really surprised by the speed the car can carry through corners. Only when it gets very tight you are reminded it's a massive wagon you're throwing around, and it'll understeer some. Otherwise in faster corners it's really quite neutral, you can feel both front and rear tyres working for grip. Lifting off helps the nose to tuck in nicely without the back coming loose.
Overall very happy with the chassis now. I did have to refit the stock rear ARB, the 25mm IPD one is clearly too stiff and won't the rear axle articulate enough.

Next on the list, was to install all the different interior accessories I had on the old car. Subwoofer, amplifier, AFR gauge, boost controller, etc.
I decided this time rather then robbing power off different OE accessories left and right, I would install a proper auxilary fuse box sourcing power directly from the battery, for a cleaner install of everything.

So here is how I did it:

From the battery straight to a 100 amp Mega fuse in its holder, using 25mm? cabling. Trying to make the distance from battery to fuse as short as possible:
svk8SE1.jpg

Then along the frame (using cable tie-downs) to a distribution block near the strut tower:
SkmN1o2.jpg

From there it's two 16mm? cables to feed the two fuse boxes I'll be adding. One with constant 12v and the other with switched 12v. Both cables through a factory un-used grommet through the firewall, underneath the steering column.

Little bracket made up of scrap aluminum to hold everything:
sYYYihc.jpg

Here's how it looks with everything mounted on it. Four fuses for constant and ten for switched. Plus the HD relay to turn on the switched fuse box:
14B4hbx.jpg

Everything installed and wired in, with the ground bus bar just underneath.
I've since then added caps and insulation to every exposed bit of the 12v wiring to avoid any surprises:
Lll8eLr.jpg

Pretty happy overall of the outcome, everything works as it should and the install is overall pretty clean. I was extra careful when it came to insulating the power cables and made sure it wasn't bound to rub the sheathing off and ground on something with vibrations etc. Keen on advice from people with actual experience though!

Got to install my AEM UEGO gauge and new GFB G-Force III boost controller, tried to make it less tacky then in the old car:
cBuNyWS.jpg

ecXA6ht.jpg

The boost controller is great, has so many options to play with and it's wired in the AFR gauge, so it knows if the car is running lean on boost and will revert back down to wastegate pressure in an attempt to save things.

Added my old catch can setup, except I'm keeping the stock CCV box (albeit replaced w/ a new one) this time. Also packed some steel wool in the Yoshifab oil cap (with a mesh screen bolted in there to avoid any loose strands to fall in the engine). All this in an attempt to slow down the fumes and avoid the catch can to fill up too quickly.

lPB5bo5.jpg

It's definitely working better then my old setup so I'm happy with it.

More recently I've pulled the engine and trans out of the wrecker to get to my billet flywheel and 850R clutch setup for the M90, going to fit everything straight back in the new car as the setup had around 10.xxx km's on it and looks fine.

FVyhTtv.jpg

The 531 head is off because currently at the machinist for a refresh and some 38mm exhaust valves. Going to smooth out the exhaust port as well, should help nicely at higher RPM's !

FzBtiiJ.jpg

Oh and, fitted the new wheels up :)
Lenso BSX 16x7.5 et35 with 25mm spacer, aka fake BBS RS'.
Had to tack on a fake Ebay special BBS badge on their, the stock Lenso logo looks tacky.
Threw on some new orange indicators to go with a more old school vibe. Loving it's new look:
TpVZFF4.jpg

Yes it needs moar low, will get there soon.

Phew, that's it for now!
Hopefully going to throw my TruTrac, clutch + flywheel and new head on soon. Should make for a nice package.
Always keen for any advice and what not, this is the first time I do any of this stuff really!

Hi,

There must be something strange with your IC placement.
The KL-IC was a almost drop in with my 945.
All i had to do was to remove the sheet metal on top of the IC.
Well, i dont have AC, maybe that has something to do with it?

Edit: Are you missing the rubber mount things underneath the Radiator? They provide the surface for the litt?le triangle things on the bottom side of the IC.

Regards,
Dennis

Can also confirm I did not have any issues fitting the KL-IC. Was a 15-minute job. I do have the non-AC version with the outlets on top though.

Hi,

Edit: Are you missing the rubber mount things underneath the Radiator? They provide the surface for the litt?le triangle things on the bottom side of the IC.

Regards,
Dennis

So you are using the AC-IC in a non-AC car? Did you change out all the piping? :???:

Yes i did. I have a 1991 Model that had the small radiator and IC.
Switched to the large radiator from a 1994 Model with all the piping.
The size difference is quiet big and i want all the cooling power i can get.

Really liking the auxiliary fuseboxes. All pretty impressive for "first time" here!

Thanks alot! Probably what I'm most happy with in the mods I've done, makes everything more OEM.

durite universel ou specifique a la 940?

Kit sp?cifique ? la 940 avec clim, tu peux trouver tout ici: https://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/hose-kits/volvo/740-_-940/index.html

Hi,

Regards,
Dennis

I really thought it would fit in much more easily, and I spent hours test fitting everything in every possible way I could, but really couldn't get it any better then it is right now.
I very much could be doing it all wrong though haha.

I ended up cutting the bottom IC & radiator rubber mounts in half, effectively leaving only the radiator half in, to lower the intercooler as much as possible. It's just resting on the bottom support panel now, but nothing has moved since the install and works just fine so ehh.. I also cut off some of the top sheet metal from the intercooler.

Wheels look great. Is it easy to find an egg crate grill over there? That would make it look even better, imo.

Thanks man! Yeah I thought of going to an egg crate grill but everyone here runs an egg crate tbh, plus the chrome of the wheels match the grill and it's all grown on me now so I'll be keeping the stock one I reckon!

Can also confirm I did not have any issues fitting the KL-IC. Was a 15-minute job. I do have the non-AC version with the outlets on top though.

Yeah I've seen another car with the non-A/C intercooler fit right in, but as above really tried my best on this one to no avail.

Back