• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1980 B21 Vacuum Part

Vol242vo

Keep it clean...
Can I remove this capped line? I assume it?s part of the EGR system? My thoughts are since it?s already capped, by previous owner, I could trace it back to the intake manifold and plug it there, thus getting rid of unnecessary crap.

907-D2816-FF4-B-4-D15-9241-319-ED9-FFB236.jpg

After some research, this IS part of the EGR system. If I remove it and cap off the intake manifold, do I need to find a non-EGR ECU?

Ok fair enough...I don't know all the minutia of K-jet iterations. :)
I was basing my comment on my 79 K-jet that did not have any control modules. I removed the EGR stuff with 0 issues.

You can remove the egr stuff. Generally the east coast got a lot of egr non lambda kjet cars. I've had two 79 242dl models that way. An 80 is usually lambda though. But it may not be.. Do you have the buzzing valve on the front of the airflow sensor? If not it's kjet basic.

On my 79 models. I capped off the egr on the exhaust manifold and on the intake. You can remove the fittings and weld them up solid. Then screw them back on.

Last edited:
So it's kjet basic. The pipe in your picture goes around the back of the head and attaches to the exhaust where the O2 sensor would normally go. That must be plugged already. Just gotta remove the rest.

Back