• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 91 244

Update

Dropped the engine off at the machine shop at 9am, got off worked and picked it up at 6pm. The engine is bored out to 3.8", honed, and cleaned.

picture.php

too bad i wasted time painting it, just so the paint could be cleanned off.

picture.php

Oh well, not a big deal.

Also have some nice clean parts for the build:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tomorrow it goes together... I hope.

Last edited:
So its Sunday night and I feel like a total moron for not getting the most important thing... Rod bearings. So the engine got some new paint, the pistons and rods and thats about it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DOH! Specs on the pistons, rods and crank?

Damn, I knew i was forgetting something else. Sorry.

The rods are forged 158mm H-beams from RSI. (6 MM longer then stock)

The pistons are forged Wiseco 96.5mm set up for use with a 16 valve head, also ordered from RSI, and the crank shaft is from a 89 AQ171C, meaning that its forged and 2.5 liter.

After its all built it will be a 2.51 liter engine :oogle:

w00w00! What's the measured and planned for compression ratio? I saw a stock headgasket in there, did you get the block machined for the pistons to stick out a certain amount or do you have a Cometic hiding somewhere for tight squish?

Kyles lying his real ride is sitting behind the engine block in his pic with the pistons in lol I'm glad to see this thing finally making progress. RSI took way too long to get those pistons and rods to you but in the end it will pay off and we'll have some white 244 on white 744 action going on.

Update

Worked on the engine tuesday night and tonight rocking out to some dubstep. Got the crank and all the bearings in. The bottom end is now assembled and spins nice. Rick and I stole the intermediate shaft from the original engine from my 240 last weekend. Tonight I cleaned it, lubed it up, and shoved it in... and I also installed the intermediate shaft...

Worked has snapped to a stop because I thought it would be ok to use 20 + year old bolts on my engine and I ended up snaping one off in the front seal/flex plate. Tomorrow I will head to fastenal and get some new bolts and a extracter for my drill. :-(

w00w00! What's the measured and planned for compression ratio? I saw a stock headgasket in there, did you get the block machined for the pistons to stick out a certain amount or do you have a Cometic hiding somewhere for tight squish?

Dont have any clue what the CR will be because I am doing things ass backwards. I ran out of money and will be slapping on a stock rebuilt 8 valve head with a stock head gasket to get it running. However I promise that I will get the 16 valve in with a cometic gasket once I get a larger credit line :oogle:.

Also as far as squish...

picture.php

picture.php

And this picture just gives me dirty thoughts

picture.php

Subscribed. This car has been a loooong time in the making.

I'm sure I missed it but what are the plans for the car?

Awesome, thanks a lot!

This is the car that got me into cars and I have learned so much abusing this poor thing.

Well the abuse is far from over. I hope to race it at 1/4 mile track, road tracks, and rally races.

The first stage will be a 2.5 liter 8 valve with a 15g turbo and a mustang T5 world class transmission.

The second stage involves removing the 8 valve head and installing the 16 valve head with the Penta PZ cams. It will also need its suspension replaced, but thats a tax refund away:rofl:

also did some cleaning today.

picture.php

Last edited:
Update.

Received the 3/4 " tap and AN fittings to do the oil return line today. Had to remove some material from the block before tapping it.

picture.php

Getting closer, just need more time.

picture.php

This is a picture my mom took back in 1992 of my brother Jason (RIP) taking the 91 244 to prom.

These old pictures make me want to stay up all night and work on the car.

picture.php

I am rather impressed with how it is turning out. I guess I too need to stop being a lazy ass and get my own project moving...

I am rather impressed with how it is turning out. I guess I too need to stop being a lazy ass and get my own project moving...

Some say he has a warehouse full of volvo/mercedes/Saab parts.
Others say he was born in both France and Brazil...

All we know is... Hes called the Dalek!

Damn, that's a short blip for such a big update after so much time! Any photos/video of it running by chance? Nice work and congrats.

Back