• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Street Beater 245

RoadRacer4Life

Owner: DeathWagon
300+ Club
Welp I got another one.. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

163810452.ICCYc4n9.jpg

1993 245 Black with mostly converted black interior. I purchased the car from MikeJr in dirty but functioning condition.. Its got the typical 250-300k volvo 240 problems and needs some TLC but its mostly complete. Mike got the car for is niece to drive and she was not volvo material so the car was sold for a good price to me. Mike offered up a bunch of spare parts and pieces to hopefully get this car back in tip top condition. Just spent a chunk of change on FCP's site to get all the necessary volvo suspension wear items. I hope to F+t this car this fall and make it a fun daily driver.

163810458.jpg

163810459.jpg

Fixed some A/C leaks
163810475.jpg

163810476.jpg

163810478.jpg

I'm almost positive the odometer is 100k off.. no worries a new spedo gear has been ordered
163810479.jpg

Holds 4 kids comfortably
163810487.jpg

-Sam

They always come back. :rofl:

Going for 9's with this one after the 10's in the last one?

Going for low 15's high 14's with this one..

Same set from deathwagon? You got your money's worth on those.

I had 3 sets of them at one time.. These actually were last on the chump car at Daytona.. I need some more wheels.. I got more 5x114 wheels laying around than anything else I will likely just get a set of adapters and rock them eventually...

-Sam

Its been a few years so I guess I should update this project.. Recently completed some upgrades/changes to this car..

Installed and wired microsquirt and injector dynamics ID1000cc injectors. Installed LS1 style coils on the valve cover.
Installed RSI stage 3 cam into a head I already had ported with bigger exhaust valves.. Port matched 90+ exhaust manifold with S60r K24 turbo installed..
Fabricated a new 3 inch stainless downpipe.. With the head off I had an unexpected surprise of a bend rod in the motor. That required an unplanned engine rod replacement with some Maxspeedingrods from China. Here is a small video of the start of the engine/turbo upgrades.

170913070.cqkwAwCx.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9zEBJ8qHRHs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some testing last night with the dragy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vrNusUBQiI4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Some camshaft testing on the beater

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DurqbVVWT5k" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That downpipe looks dope. Can you post some pics of the K24/manifold setup? Im struggling on that now, when I flip the turbo to match rwd applications, the upper side of the turbo flange have studs, and if i drill holes on the turbo?s flange threads to insert the manifold?s studs, the nut in the back side will be so hard to tighten properly

Back