• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

R32rennsport's Amazon Thread

I'm busting my butt for the VCOA national meet next Saturday. Car is still less interior, which is the plan for this week.
Ah yes, nothing like last minute panic, eh? A motivator for many of us. :rofl:

But even with all the challenges, I must say the whole car looks great. I'll bet it will be a lot of fun. Very good catch on the head bolts. Glad it was out of kilter far enough to show leakage before you ran it -- imagine trying to diagnose if it had only been 0.001 loose.

I love the silver highlight. Reminds me of the types of details I've done, for no other reason than to encourage a smile. I can appreciate an absolutely concurs car that looks like it rolled off the factory line yesterday, and I can respect a guy's right to customize to the Nth degree, but in the middle ground between those extremes holds a lot of magic. A car that looks almost stock except that every bolt head under the hood is polished or painted a contrasting color, that sort of thing. Stuff that an assembly line would never have done.

Nice work.

Last night was spent wrapping up the last few major cosmetic items. I have a list of other exterior details that I'll be working on down the road as this car will eventually morph into a vintage racer/ trans am tribute. Some of my ideas include number meat balls on doors and hood, tow hooks front and rear, and aluminum window straps rear/retainers front. Eventually I'd like to relocate the filler neck to the trunk lid but that will be an extensive project.

For now here is the front end all together with the hood back on (what a pain to align!!!) and new period bullet mirrors mounted to the door.

Ah yes, nothing like last minute panic, eh? A motivator for many of us. :rofl:

But even with all the challenges, I must say the whole car looks great. I'll bet it will be a lot of fun. Very good catch on the head bolts. Glad it was out of kilter far enough to show leakage before you ran it -- imagine trying to diagnose if it had only been 0.001 loose.

I love the silver highlight. Reminds me of the types of details I've done, for no other reason than to encourage a smile. I can appreciate an absolutely concurs car that looks like it rolled off the factory line yesterday, and I can respect a guy's right to customize to the Nth degree, but in the middle ground between those extremes holds a lot of magic. A car that looks almost stock except that every bolt head under the hood is polished or painted a contrasting color, that sort of thing. Stuff that an assembly line would never have done.

Nice work.

Thank you for the kind words. My build ethic comes from me building highly detailed models so it naturally carries over to my full size toys ;-)

A sample of my small car work.

Nice work, great progress.

Look up "Quick Glo Chrome Cleaner" for your bumpers, you'd be amazed by the shine you would get from using the stuff. They would probably match the shine of your mirrors.

Nice work, great progress.

Look up "Quick Glo Chrome Cleaner" for your bumpers, you'd be amazed by the shine you would get from using the stuff. They would probably match the shine of your mirrors.

Thanks and thanks for the tip, I'll give a go though I have partially glass beaded them so that's why they look satin, but I could use a sealer of sorts.

Trying to make some last minute head way but it's slow going, I completely underestimated the time it takes to lay down sound mat. I realize I'm going overkill but it's on purpose. Trunk and rear seat/parcel shelf area is done though, moving onto the main floors and dash tonight.

As for the mirrors I just could never find a place on the fenders where A) they looked good or B) were functional. The passenger side mirror is totally useless, I just added it for symmetry because I'm OCD. They do look the part though, very period.

Looks like the same stuff I used in my Rabbit. It takes forever but you'll notice a difference.

I already do just rapping my knuckles on the various panels. I forgot to take a picture of it put I also used their insulating foam panels in the doors, quarters and trunk for heat insulation.

Trunk and back seat area took me 9 hours with a few food and water breaks :omg:

I already do just rapping my knuckles on the various panels. I forgot to take a picture of it put I also used their insulating foam panels in the doors, quarters and trunk for heat insulation.

Trunk and back seat area took me 9 hours with a few food and water breaks :omg:

Yeah that sounds about right :lol:

For me anyways the foam was much easier to put down.

OK guys here she is, about 80% complete but running and driving for the west coast VCOA event. I put around 100 miles on the car over the weekend with only a few minor issues that I'll take care of this week. Boy does it feel good to be driving again, definitely a sense of accomplishment! I put some 5 inch "show stacks" on for the car show and put the ITG on yesterday for regular use. The car sounds amazing and drives just as good, just some minor carburetor tweaking and I should be near perfect. I'm working on some driving footage, it's not my thing so it might take me awhile. Enjoy!

Wow dude that thing is gorgeous! Love the steering wheel shot! Went from sitting behind a parts store in albany to here. Great work dude! :drool:

Thanks Luke! Thanks for saving it and giving me the opportunity to get it where it is today. I know right? This car certainly has a story to tell now! I still have a few more tricks up my sleeve for it yet to come so watch for some updates. :oogle:

Back