• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to shop B230f

Swede_Sleepin

Hello All!

I have a 79' 245 I was originally planning on dropping a 6.0 LS into and make it a straight line rocket. I've since decided that I no longer wanted a tin-can-drag-car and instead a FAST and FUN can I can drive on the street and/or strip. I've decided I'd like to achieve this by building a balls to the wall B230F Turbo and restoring the cosmetics of the 245.

My main questions is; what are some good resources to shop b230f engines? In my initial search I haven't seen much online. Am I better off buying a donor car? Are there specific sites in which you TurboBrick frequenters shop from?

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Yoshifab Built B230 turbo 600+

s-l1600.jpg

I dont know how close you are to Colorado but you can head south to Denver. There are a number of junkyards that will have red blocks to pull.

U Pull & Pay probably is your best option... Not too far from Laramie. Alternatively, have Anthony Borders hunt down a 740T to use as a donor.

-J

U Pull & Pay probably is your best option... Not too far from Laramie. Alternatively, have Anthony Borders hunt down a 740T to use as a donor.

-J
The RWD Volvos at the local salvage yards have really dried up this last year. The Denver upullandpay.com cycles through their import cars in just over 30 days, so they don't stay around long. You'd be best off finding a good running donor car (if you have the space), and either +T a low mileage NA engine, or do some rebuilding on a 940 turbo engine. You could also give Carl Duke in Ft.Collins a call, or Baker Garage in Denver, or Swedish Motors in Boulder, and see what they have for engines.

Back