• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 B230f+t Dyno result

0-100km/h for a stock Golf 7 GTI is 6,4 seconds (according to my Google skills). Very good response with the DSG etc, don't underestimate it.

If your 240 isn't overly heavy and have some basic mods to your +T it should get similar times to 100 km/h. Think a proper exhaust and making sure it just runs as it should. The DO88 intercooler is a nice touch and helps for sure.

The main bottleneck is the stock turbo. Luckily you can swap FWD mitsu turbo's that look completely stock (for T?V) if you want, though you can get much better turbo's for the same $ but they need more mods to fot them. My 245 +T with a T3 at 7-8PSI is below 6 seconds 0-100kmh and it is a very very basic setup, nothing special and many things that can be improved. Close to 100K on the +T and it runs like the first day, don't worry too much about the engine.

so install a wideband, boost bout 15psi v16t cam do88 intercooler 102 octane fuel lets see when i register the car if he still wants to race me he thinks mine only has 170hp but thats a stock b230f and 7.5 psi

My b230f+t was faster then a mk7 6speed manual. But that was a 23psi and it melted a hole in a piston shortly after.

I don't see the harm in racing for pinks, you can buy the car back from the scrap yard for $500 anyways

If you’re racing for pinks boost that bitch to the moon. If you win, sell the vw and swap in a ls3. If you lose, you blew the motor anyways so who cares. Don’t be a pussy.

so install a wideband, boost bout 15psi v16t cam do88 intercooler 102 octane fuel lets see when i register the car if he still wants to race me he thinks mine only has 170hp but thats a stock b230f and 7.5 psi

Don't go to aggressive on the cam, it won't play nice with a small turbo. Don't know about the v16t but just a general remark.

The V16T should be ok with the 19T turbo. Ideally the turbo's hot side would be larger, but it will still be in the efficiency range assuming everything else is stock. Might need more injector if cranking up the boost for real, but LH2.2... 14psi should be fine if all else is working properly and it's not pig rich due to some other issue. *Should*. More *might* be fine, too...

So, how'd it go? Or has it not happened yet? :oogle:

the 02 sensor wire to the ecu was damaged only the insulation held the wire together also will a 9mm rod stock b230f hold 14 psi or what is safe and how much whp is the max i can safely have i have to race a mk7 gti 230hp dsg

2 things:
1. From what I've seen on the forums, the 9mm rods max out at 250 crank hp. Any more than that, you're going to throw it out the side of the block. the B230F engine's power output, 14psi will net you 230 bhp/180 whp, but your experience can/will vary due to wear. Aim for 15/16 psi, and avoid stepping on it until you're on the track. After the track, turn it back down.

2. The GTi weighs around 200lb more than a stock 240 sedan. If you can dump weight, do so, and you might be able to win with a few less horsepower.

As a side note: make sure your MAF is tuned, if you've got LH2.2. That's going to help a lot.

Last edited:
2 things:
1. From what I've seen on the forums, the 9mm rods max out at 250 crank hp. Any more than that, you're going to throw it out the side of the block. the B230F engine's power output, 14psi will net you 230 bhp/180 whp, but your experience can/will vary due to wear. Aim for 15/16 psi, and avoid stepping on it until you're on the track. After the track, turn it back down.

thats just internet lore like 5.0 splitting the block at 500hp. ive been running 9mm rods on lh2.2 for almost 10 years between 15 and 20 psi making 220ish whp. someone a few years back made a few passes at 300whp before he slung a rod (red wagon with evo turbo).

thats just internet lore like 5.0 splitting the block at 500hp
Agreed. Smorgesbord is new and just sharing what he’s read so far. You can always make more power, you just need to be smarter about it. Torque, that might be a problem. Hah

The V16T should be ok with the 19T turbo. Ideally the turbo's hot side would be larger, but it will still be in the efficiency range assuming everything else is stock. Might need more injector if cranking up the boost for real, but LH2.2... 14psi should be fine if all else is working properly and it's not pig rich due to some other issue. *Should*. More *might* be fine, too...

So, how'd it go? Or has it not happened yet? :oogle:

the guy pulled out he wont drive against me after he realised that my car wasnt stock well good for him i gapped a mk4 gti with 200 hp so i was suprised when mine had "only" 170

Back