• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 upgraded washer pump for 240s

Dorman part #47140 is THE way to go. Direct drop fully adjustable fan/mist style nozzles for 240s. Available at any auto parts store. Get these nozzles. Screw the dual squirter ones.

Also, maybe try connecting 2 pumps in series (use the wagon pump system, but wire them in parallel and hose them in series). I've always wondered if you could get more pressure that way.

Bumping this dead thread for you guys.
I clearly had issues with original washer pump and have tried at least 3 different ,but old ones.. ofc with no good results.
So i browsed the internet and came across HELLA 8TW004223-031 pump which needs a bit of hose rerouting but works like a charm.
Even at speeds above 130kmph it floods my windshield with washer fluid!

Bumping this dead thread for you guys.
I clearly had issues with original washer pump and have tried at least 3 different ,but old ones.. ofc with no good results.
So i browsed the internet and came across HELLA 8TW004223-031 pump which needs a bit of hose rerouting but works like a charm.
Even at speeds above 130kmph it floods my windshield with washer fluid!

Did you try adding slivovitz? I?ll bet it would melt ice 😉

Voltage is around 10-11,3V.
Fluid seems to flow easily thru hoses.

Is that with the engine operating? That's really low.

The alternator voltage should be 13.5 - 14.1V.

If the voltage is that low, you have a ton of voltage drop. I would also check your alternator voltage as that may be low. Maybe add a relay, similar to the headlight relay mod? Bumping the operating voltage up to alternator voltage would likely get the job done.

These pumps are rotary positive displacement pumps. To increase the volume, you have to increase the speed. Getting the voltage up by 1.5 - 4V would do that.

Is that with the engine operating? That's really low.

The alternator voltage should be 13.5 - 14.1V.

If the voltage is that low, you have a ton of voltage drop. I would also check your alternator voltage as that may be low. Maybe add a relay, similar to the headlight relay mod? Bumping the operating voltage up to alternator voltage would likely get the job done.

These pumps are rotary positive displacement pumps. To increase the volume, you have to increase the speed. Getting the voltage up by 1.5 - 4V would do that.

Thx for input but that post to which you just reacted was really old one..already have better voltage but the original pump was still performing bad.. swapping it for a new hella pump solved it all.

Thx for input but that post to which you just reacted was really old one..already have better voltage but the original pump was still performing bad.. swapping it for a new hella pump solved it all.

yeah, I realized that after I posted. Felt foolish, but decided to not delete the post. Glad the Hella worked out!

Back