• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brake Booster Eliminator

DrHutch

Has anyone deleted their brake booster? I have to replace mine and thinking about just doing it now. I used a Chase Bay unit on my Honda a while back. Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them on 240s or if there is a kit out there already.

I know people have used a hydroboost unit instead of the booster. I wouldn't run unboosted brakes on a 240. The system is actually doing three wheels on each side of the circuit if it's a non abs car. So the pedal is very hard.

One thing to note, hydroboost system relies on the power steering pump. Make sure your belts are good and adjusters tight. If either fail, braking gets alot harder. They also don't store pressure. If the engine dies on a vacuum assisted car, you usually have 1-2 assisted brake pumps before you use up the stored vacuum.

Hydroboosts have a nitrogen filled canister to provide brake assist when the engine is stalled. It's a small canister and it doesn't last long.

710SKKeM7KL._SX425_.jpg

It is possible to eliminate the booster entirely but you'll need the proper sized master cylinder with smaller bores and the pedal ratio may also need to be modified.

Has anyone deleted their brake booster? I have to replace mine and thinking about just doing it now. I used a Chase Bay unit on my Honda a while back. Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them on 240s or if there is a kit out there already.

Sellholm offers a dual MC bracket that replaces the booster. It will require some fabwork to make it work on your end.

I did this as it opened up a lot more room in the engine bay. I used a Tilton balance bar, and some 3/4" aluminum plate I had. This was all done using a drill press, angle grinder, and a welder. Start to finish (with never doing this before) took 5-6 hours:

27106858168_fc0298973c_z.jpg

26106535417_59054eff4c_z.jpg

40268220944_f8a10f4499_z.jpg

40268221044_9987b8572d_z.jpg

Back