• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

83 242 V8 LQ4 swap

In a perfect world yeah but I would guess more on the low 9 side, still pretty quick for the setup though. I could imagine a gen 4 bottom end and some dyno time could make for something really fast.

Haven't had time or money to touch the 142. I've been busting out a bunch of side work but life always seems to snatch that money up before I get to do anything fun with it. I have collected a bunch of parts though, so when I do get to start on it I wont have to buy much to get it to roller status. I have plans to build a chassis for it to 24.5 spec, allowing me to go as fast as 7.50. I have a motor ready to assemble, wheels, 9" rear, and another set of mustang struts and spindles for the front. Hopefully I can start in a few months.

Pics of some projects I did in the last few months, not really a Harley fan, but I'll turbo anything. Did the first one, then his buddy had to have the same setup for his bike. Bottom pic is the vw I did the subaru swap in, brought it back to have the matching subaru trans swapped in too. My stupid econoline is almost done too. Really want to be able to go all in on the volvo so trying to get everything done and out of my way.

Why do you do such dirty, disorganized, and soft-core work?

Oh wait, that's me. Your shiit is awesome. You should post pics of the Econoline, I love that thing. Makes me want to sell my 60 VW bus, and get a Ford van.

Been having some more turbo 5.3 fun, this time in a S10. Borg t6 s475, megasquirt, e85, th400, explorer rear, converted it to a rack and pinion too. Thought you guys would enjoy the pics.

Hi 55superbeetle
I do swap engine on my Volvo 240. Engine LQ9 (6.0 L), Wiseco pistons, CR 8.8-8.9, std 317 heads, may be std cam or LS6 cam, HD springs, ARP all spuds, Compstar rods, 4l80e, std intake, may be LS intake. And some boost...

Goal 600-700 HP for street and anytime drag.

I got the opportunity to buy at a good price new turbine Borg Warner S475 T6 1.32 AR (75 comp wheel, 88mm turbo). Оn what RPMs would appear positive boost, and on what a full boost 14psi?
whether the turbine is suitable for my purposes?
Who knows its approximate weight?

I also wanted to ask about the torque converter. I have a new standard torque converter with stall speed of 2200 rpm. Enough for me? If not, what Stall speed is preferable? Or do I need to order a torque converter with a higher stall speed? In general, to what power can use with a standard torque converter and transmission 4l80e? I have a transmission from the Chevrolet Express 3500 2001 model year.

I really wouldn't bother taking the motor apart for that power goal but being overbuilt never hurts. I'm not sure how long the stock converter will last but it will most likely suck with that turbo. Stall speed is going to change with many things and the converter will affect spool time too. Don't get caught up in stall speed, turbo converters are kind of magic, the best money you will spend will be on a custom converter built for your setup.

Hi 55superbeetle
I do swap engine on my Volvo 240. Engine LQ9 (6.0 L), Wiseco pistons, CR 8.8-8.9, std 317 heads, may be std cam or LS6 cam, HD springs, ARP all spuds, Compstar rods, 4l80e, std intake, may be LS intake. And some boost...

Goal 600-700 HP for street and anytime drag.

I got the opportunity to buy at a good price new turbine Borg Warner S475 T6 1.32 AR (75 comp wheel, 88mm turbo). Оn what RPMs would appear positive boost, and on what a full boost 14psi?
whether the turbine is suitable for my purposes?
Who knows its approximate weight?

I also wanted to ask about the torque converter. I have a new standard torque converter with stall speed of 2200 rpm. Enough for me? If not, what Stall speed is preferable? Or do I need to order a torque converter with a higher stall speed? In general, to what power can use with a standard torque converter and transmission 4l80e? I have a transmission from the Chevrolet Express 3500 2001 model year.

What is the Octane rating for the gasoline you have available? If it is the same as in Germany then 8.9 CR is too low and will make the engine lazy.

Thanks for the advice. Then I will order a converter for my purposes.
Advise, in what firm is better to turn to the United States.

The octane number us both in the Europe, but the fuel quality is not always good. Everything else, where I live, there is only 95 petrol for sale. To buy a 98 have to travel to a nearby town.

The pistons and connecting rods I've already bought. If there is a need to increase the compression ratio, I can try to use other gaskets or sgrind heads.

What you think about Borg Warner S475 T6 1.32 AR for this config?

Putting together a 5.3 turbo first gen rx7 for my father in law. My step daughter is also about to get her drivers license so we got a turbo wagon and lifted it on all terrains, seemed like a good idea at the time.

Back