• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Qa1 Probably Kit

That's what I'm going to do with my 8.8 swap into my 122. Saw a pickup without a bed that had done the same thing with and he said it was all really straight forward.

Does anyone know what 55superbeetle used? Was his all custom parts or was there commercial parts available?

If you leep the motion ratio you will want a set with a spring rate of 42% of your front end.

Collapsed length of 11.7" will not allow you to go very low at all with the stock lower perch location.

My shocks were double adjustable QA1's, lower control arm mounts and shock mounts were just a carved out of some rectangle tube. Control arms were cheap swaged rods with economy QA1 heims. Think I only had a few hundred bucks in the whole setup but I got shocks and springs used on ebay. I have used that kit on other cars though and don't see why it couldn't be used on a 240, tons of adjustment in that kit but the best thing to do is set your ride height and measure before ordering anything.

Ok. I figure I'll get the car in the air and adjust the rear height with a floor jack and take some measurments. Where did you source your rods? Local?

Who owns the car now? Someone on here? Would like to track down the part number for those qa1

Back