• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 little brake feedback after bleeding a million times

ogamer777

New North Winchestersonville (PNW 425 gang)
i am back and this time i have bled the brakes a few more times and still have very little engagement of the brakes. It does stop the car, but, the brake failure light comes on every time. It will go off if i press the brake pedal about half way and let off.

I followed the Volvo greenbook sequence every time. No air came out of the nipples. I used a power motive system with upwards of 20psi each time i cracked a nipple loose.

Brake reservoir has always been near the max line. I don't see any leaks anywhere on the driveway or parts of the car.

New rebuilt calipers up front. Rears are the original ones. What am I missing here?

i am back and this time i have bled the brakes a few more times and still have very little engagement of the brakes. It does stop the car, but, the brake failure light comes on every time. It will go off if i press the brake pedal about half way and let off.

I followed the Volvo greenbook sequence every time. No air came out of the nipples. I used a power motive system with upwards of 20psi each time i cracked a nipple loose.

Brake reservoir has always been near the max line. I don't see any leaks anywhere on the driveway or parts of the car.

New rebuilt calipers up front. Rears are the original ones. What am I missing here?

Air trapped in the pressure reducing valves on the rear brakes. Jack the rear of the car up as high as you can and leave it overnight, then bleed again. Are the bleeder nipples on the front calipers pointed up? Sometimes the reman calipers are assembled incorrectly, see cleanflametrap website for more information.

Air trapped in the pressure reducing valves on the rear brakes. Jack the rear of the car up as high as you can and leave it overnight, then bleed again. Are the bleeder nipples on the front calipers pointed up? Sometimes the reman calipers are assembled incorrectly, see cleanflametrap website for more information.

Will do that.

They are pointed up. Went through that already heh

Be sure to tap lightly on the pressure valves with a hammer to dislodge trapped air. If it still isn't working well after that without any leaks. I'd suspect the master cylinder has failed.

Also I wouldn't go over 15psi with the motive bleeder. The higher pressure tends to make the brake fluid foam which interferes with removing air from the system.

Don't forget to bench bleed the new master. Also, if your fluid reservoir is OEM and in good shape you might want to keep using it. The new ones don't retain the cap very well as the threads are crap.

Last edited:
Back