• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

81 242 Turbo

safracr

Doing RWD on a FWD Budget
I just picked up my 81 242 Turbo today, it definately needs a few things before it drives the streets though. I'm sorry for the crappy pictures, most people know I take half decent pictures, but these are straight from my camera phone due to not having computer access anywhere else to upload pictures off of my camera.

mystery-car.jpg

I will post more pictures once I get them uploaded.

*edit* New pictures added!

Last edited:
Holy crap that looks exactly like wisturbo's 242, is it his?

nope, mine is nicely stored away for awhile in Milwaukee... away from the salt!
That sure does look like a clone though! Good luck with her!

nope, mine is nicely stored away for awhile in Milwaukee... away from the salt!
That sure does look like a clone though! Good luck with her!

have you checked lately to see if its still there? ;-)

are you excited?! Looks like a great find bud!

So why wont it run?
The car has been in storage for a few years, un-driven. I found it on the iPd classifieds, absolutely smoking deal too for only needing a few things. First, the details of the car:

1981 242 Turbo (intercooler added)
82k original miles
iPd springs
Bilstein shocks
R-sport steering wheel (absolutely mint)

I have some high hopes for this car in the distant future, but for the mean time I just want to get it up and driving. Now, for the needed items before it can go on the streets:

-water pump
-turbo
-battery
-brakes
-tires
-all new fluids

Give me a little time and I will show it at some sweet locations, nothing with a tow truck in the picture ;)

The car has been in storage for a few years, un-driven. It needs:

-water pump
-turbo
-battery
-brakes
-tires

Give me a few weeks and I will show it at some sweet locations, nothing with a tow truck in the picture ;)

and all new fluids. ;-)

From the looks of that is a tight looking car. can't beat black 242 turbos! probably my next car...if i can find one

Back