View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 09:12 AM   #249
JerryJS8
der Junge

This weekend I didn't plan on spending any time working on Olga since the former daily driver needs to get spiffed up for sale. My garage neighbor Martin (one of the enduro guys from the last video) has become a good friend and let me occupy his lift for a few days so I could take care of a leaky overdrive unit and a few rust outbreaks.

But as luck would have it, I was looking in the local classifieds Friday morning and found a hidden gem I couldn't pass up, an oyster with a pearl, a corona mask concealing a friendly smile etc. etc...

Oooohh lá lá! What do we have heeeeere?!?!?!?

So I quickly wrote the seller with an offer and sped out to the middle of nowhere after work to a place at the end of the world, just before the vertical downhill. As Google maps would have it, it sent me off on a wild goose chase on the way there...

But with all the curves and beautiful landscape I just grinned the whole way there and couldn't pick out a better terrain for a sporty adventure and let the turbo sing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no real complaints about the stock steering wheel, except it is a bit... bland. And after 30 years I'd already started second guessing the reliability of the airbags, so what's the harm in a little upgrade?

An original accesory Volvo Roma in really nice shape was definitely worth the drive. The car had been sitting out back on a farm for the past 10-12 years and was a nice storage container, just waiting for me to come by. The leather hasn't cracked or started shrinking and only has one surface scratch at 2 o'clock, but it could still do with a re-dye. Even as it is, it's a beauty!

But I do have something against the look of the round Momo adapter... Guess I'll have to bite the bullet to learn how 3D printers work and get something cooked up that looks stealthy stock.

- 1990 744 16v (pegleg drift can)
- 1992 480 (Renault disaster)

- 1989 745 16v
- 1991 744 (SE) 16v Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordmaschine View Post
Try to recreate and see what happens, our crystall ball servers are currrently down.
JerryJS8 is offline   Reply With Quote