home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 07-15-2021, 08:05 PM   #1
Matilda Car
Board Member

Default Yet another - Will these injectors fit B230FT?

I’ve been wanting a minor injector upgrade from the 0280150804 and before I got into bypassing the resistor pack so I could have some options I wondered if these injectors would fit? I read that the Ford brown top injectors are a drop in and these are supposed to be a direct replacement. I can’t seem to find any info on the 804 injector dimensions ie. dia and length so thought I would ask here.

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/1039...bs-useuro-fit/
Old 07-16-2021, 02:05 AM   #2
cosbySweater
Board Member

Why don't you tell us about your car first
2013 VW Passat TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricktop420 View Post
Thank you very much everybody... i now feel sufficiently retarded and will go cry in the corner...
cosbySweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 03:36 AM   #3
Fa182
Stage 1

What mods have you done to your car that need more fuel?

So unless you made mods that need more fuel, it doesn't make sense to just swap in bigger injectors. Injectors are not a tuning tool.
Just changing the injectors without any other mods is pointless.

The stock -804's have some considerable headroom if you turn up the boost.
I run a 16T at 12psi on white -766 V70 injectors which have +/- the same flow rate as the stock -804's.
I only changed them because one was leaking.

So it might be wiser to use hi-z injectors from a FWD car which just straight drop-in.

Injector list with data:
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm#BOSCH

For sale thread with some white -766's.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=301784
Old 07-16-2021, 12:22 PM   #4
Matilda Car
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosbySweater View Post
Why don't you tell us about your car first
Yeah that would probably help a little. 94- B230FT, ezk/ecu chipped, 3” exhaust, 15g @ 1 bar, AW71l with 4:10. Large Intercooler. Stock air mass, throttle position sensor, and throttle body.

Last edited by Matilda Car; 07-16-2021 at 12:34 PM..
Matilda Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:31 PM   #5
Matilda Car
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa182 View Post
What mods have you done to your car that need more fuel?

So unless you made mods that need more fuel, it doesn't make sense to just swap in bigger injectors. Injectors are not a tuning tool.
Just changing the injectors without any other mods is pointless.

The stock -804's have some considerable headroom if you turn up the boost.
I run a 16T at 12psi on white -766 V70 injectors which have +/- the same flow rate as the stock -804's.
I only changed them because one was leaking.

So it might be wiser to use hi-z injectors from a FWD car which just straight drop-in.

Injector list with data:
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm#BOSCH

For sale thread with some white -766's.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=301784
Thanks for the links and your help, I had come across the first one but just couldn’t find any info on dimensions and whatnot. One of mine is leaking as well and so I started thinking of some options beyond another set of 804. Figured something like the brown tops would do, not looking to use it as a tuning tool. Started looking around and wondered if maybe I don’t have to bypass the ballast and go to hi-z but perhaps that is the wiser route. Trying to figure out my options as I was under the impression that I was pretty much up against the limit of the 804 with my current set up and a slight bit more would allow me a little head room so to speak and I could turn it up more if I so desired.

94 - B230FT, ezk/ecu chipped, 3” exhaust, 15g @ 1 bar, AW71l with 4:10. Large Intercooler. Stock air mass, throttle body, and throttle position sensor.

Last edited by Matilda Car; 07-16-2021 at 12:45 PM..
Old 07-16-2021, 02:13 PM   #6
gsellstr
Vintage anti-ricer

Given your setup, I'd go with whites as mentioned, bypass the resistor. They are slightly larger, but also a better design, tends to idle better as a side benefit.

One of the locals here has pushed those whites REALLY hard and he still has good AFR's, at far more power than you're putting down.
Mick Starkey "TrickMick" 1/10/14
Mark Baldwin "blue850t5" 7/19/18
Nick Fengler "fengler" 8/6/18
Thomas Fritz "stealthfti" 10/11/18

74 144 B20
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=224983

90 745Ti
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=334698

If you need Superpro bushings PM me for price and availability!
gsellstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:37 PM   #7
Fa182
Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda Car View Post
94 - B230FT, ezk/ecu chipped, 3” exhaust, 15g @ 1 bar, AW71l with 4:10. Large Intercooler. Stock air mass, throttle body, and throttle position sensor.
I use the white -766 injectors with a 16T at 0,9bar, KL Racing Intercooler + redblockpowered's chips and my AFR gauge is showing perfectly healthy numbers.

I'd suggest installing an AFR gauge before swapping injectors - if you do not have one yet.
Fa182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:26 PM   #8
Matilda Car
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsellstr View Post
Given your setup, I'd go with whites as mentioned, bypass the resistor. They are slightly larger, but also a better design, tends to idle better as a side benefit.

One of the locals here has pushed those whites REALLY hard and he still has good AFR's, at far more power than you're putting down.

Thanks gsellstr I believe I will go this route, better design and especially idle sounds good to me. I am not looking to push huge power through this car as it is sort of a daily/road trip/fun car. Good to get some advice from everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa182 View Post
I use the white -766 injectors with a 16T at 0,9bar, KL Racing Intercooler + redblockpowered's chips and my AFR gauge is showing perfectly healthy numbers.

I'd suggest installing an AFR gauge before swapping injectors - if you do not have one yet.
Thanks Fa182, having healthy AFR’s would be ideal. I will go this route with the white injectors. I do have an AFR gauge but forgot to include it in my list of mods.

Responded while sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow for my wife’s s70 while she took off with my ride. Likely tranny death since fluid is a nice chocolate milk colour - looks like a rad failure. Wife now reports that it has been shifting funny lately, figured it wasn’t worth mentioning. Lovely.
Old 07-18-2021, 12:40 PM   #9
lummert
Board Member

Go for something modern such as Bosch Gen III injectors. The white composite body injectors mentioned are a good choice. They flow about 33 lb/hr at 3 bar.