• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 1966 Volvo 122

That first gold color had a bit too much red and kind of had a coppery look to it. Tried a different one and this one might be a bit better. Still on the old lip. New ones will be roughly 3.5"

goldface_zps9dmrg9w6.jpg

Got the gauges. Now I just need to figure out a configuration and way to create a panel that can be accessed easily.

swgauges_zpsyjykb75f.jpg

Looking into something like this so I can use a factory dash pad with it. Otherwise im looking at making an entire housing behind the the panel which would require a lot more. I would opt for a black panel face and less obvious indicator lights

122Scompdashboard_zpsinbvmtnd.jpg~original

Decided to photoshop it one last time to make sure I was going forward with the gold. I love the profile of this car with that style fender mirror too.

worksample_zpspmaht3ke.jpg~original

I like the combo! Wheels, fender mirrors, and that chin... so JDM! very fitting of the direction you are taking it. I love it. Keep it up, and I cant wait to see that panel. But you might stay away from the diamond plate, just my opinion.

I like the idea of a front valence but I'm not crazy about that one. I actually liked the one Ipd used to sell but it definitely needs the bumper with it.

Any Info on what hub adapter you're going to use?..I want to swap steering wheels on my 122

Probably just going to call Crowder's

I was kinda doubting the new wheels, but on the photoshop they look spot on! Cracking!

Thanks! Thats why I do the photoshop, hard to visualize the setup

This car is so awesome.

Thanks!

I like the combo! Wheels, fender mirrors, and that chin... so JDM! very fitting of the direction you are taking it. I love it. Keep it up, and I cant wait to see that panel. But you might stay away from the diamond plate, just my opinion.

Thanks, yeah definitely no diamond plate haha. That general placement on the dash is what I was trying to reference. Have to cut areas of the dash to do it, but it might be the only way.

I like the idea of a front valence but I'm not crazy about that one. I actually liked the one Ipd used to sell but it definitely needs the bumper with it.

That style valence is more to tie in the theme of the jdm mashup. It may change from what is in the pic. I need to figure out how to go about making it. The ipd one is too straight down and small when fitted with the bumper for what im doing. It would look really good on yours. Are you doing a front valence on yours? Cant remember

I like the gold wheels! This is a great build!

Thanks!

That style valence is more to tie in the theme of the jdm mashup. It may change from what is in the pic. I need to figure out how to go about making it. The ipd one is too straight down and small when fitted with the bumper for what im doing. It would look really good on yours. Are you doing a front valence on yours? Cant remember

Skid plate splitter? I'm going to be making one of these up mid july when the turbo install is finalized.

I would like to do something like either the Ipd one or like the vintage 122 race cars. I'm sure it'll happen last or never. I like the one in the photoshop above but I wouldn't want it to stick past the bumper so far.

Last edited:
I would like to do something like either the Ipd one or like the vintage 122 race cars. I'm sure it'll happen last or never. I like the one in the photoshop above but I wouldn't want it to stick past the bumper so far.

It might not stick out that far, but I definitely want it to emulate more of the 70's jdm look. A flat panel more horizontal than vertical with a little flared edge on the sides.

Don't mean to get off topic, how does that work with the turn signal lever.

Thanks,

Turn signal lever still works fine. You may need to trim down the plastic steering column cover a bit, but I'm not positive. (mine was cracked when I bought the car so I jus junked it)

It might not stick out that far, but I definitely want it to emulate more of the 70's jdm look. A flat panel more horizontal than vertical with a little flared edge on the sides.

Love this idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Still waiting on two of the lips, but I got the inner barrels back and two outters and mocked up a wheel. Im pretty happy with them! Still need to paint the faces. This was just a test coat

IMG_5828Esmer_zpsojqbxkri.jpg~original

Back