• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 1966 Volvo 122

Bummer :/

maybe a bit overkill but can't they be converted to centerlock rims? And you just go with a centerlock spacer thingy?

Last edited:
Bummer :/

maybe a bit overkill but can't they be converted to centerlock rims? And you just go with a centerlock spacer thingy?

I honestly hadnt thought of that. Anyone have experience with these? Will I be able to use a spacer with them? If they are obtainable with as little as 15mm widths it just might work out. The rears are the problem. I dont want to have to much in the way of spacers due to the negative offset im trying to get. The fronts are no problem though

This is a 15x8 -19 and a 25mm spacer with 185/55/15 in the front. Pretty much right where I want it, but the rear had a little too much poke.

IMG_9261Esm_zps1kybtczl.jpg

I honestly hadnt thought of that. Anyone have experience with these? Will I be able to use a spacer with them? If they are obtainable with as little as 15mm widths it just might work out. The rears are the problem. I dont want to have to much in the way of spacers due to the negative offset im trying to get. The fronts are no problem though

This is a 15x8 -19 and a 25mm spacer with 185/55/15 in the front. Pretty much right where I want it, but the rear had a little too much poke.

IMG_9261Esm_zps1kybtczl.jpg

That looks awesome.

15x8 -44 total ET? wow, I thought that the front would poke a ton more than that. looks like my plan for a 17x8 -12 would be able to clear... hmmm

That looks awesome.

15x8 -44 total ET? wow, I thought that the front would poke a ton more than that. looks like my plan for a 17x8 -12 would be able to clear... hmmm

Yeah its the rears that screw everything up. Changing the pattern to even another 5 lug will lose me around 18mm. I'd be at around +13 to get me where I need to be, but the wheel would look better for the style im going for at a -5 which should work fine. So, im back to either staying with 5x114.3 which isnt yielding very many options in this style or redrill everything.

those look like a diamond wheel... which can be ordered in any offset/backspace/bolt pattern

I didnt mean to say "this" as in the test wheel I got off ebay that is currently on the car, I meant "this style" as the style im trying to find (old school jdm) as part of a continuing conversation. My bad haha

I didnt mean to say "this" as in the test wheel I got off ebay that is currently on the car, I meant "this style" as the style im trying to find (old school jdm) as part of a continuing conversation. My bad haha

I guess I'm in a literal thought process today... lol. have you looked into the XXR, and SSR replicas? I know that some of the XXRs come in different bolt patterns

Car looks awesome man, what did you use to polish all of the trim bumpers and steering wheel?

Thanks, the aluminum trim was polished by a guy out here, but the chrome hasnt really been polished. Ive cleaned them up quite a bit, but will need to be re-chromed at some point if I want to get that serious. Most of it is in really good shape, so im not really worried about it.

Thanks, the aluminum trim was polished by a guy out here, but the chrome hasnt really been polished. Ive cleaned them up quite a bit, but will need to be re-chromed at some point if I want to get that serious. Most of it is in really good shape, so im not really worried about it.

So what did you use to polish the bumpers and that steering wheel center then? It really looks nice! I have a lot of the original chrome on mine but it's not as shiny as it once was.

If there is rust on the chrome you can use Coke to take it off. I always cleaned mine with Windex actually. It leaves it super smooth and streak-free.

Also a light motion with a fine grade steel wool helps. There isnt much in the way of polishing that I know of. Usually if it looks bad when its clean, it may need to be re-chromed.

Oh I know some of it does. But yours really looks nice. Just wondering if you knew some tricks haha.

Back