• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Willie's '67 122 Project

thank you! I do plan on painting her later, but i know its going to hurt when i start sanding it :lol:

Have you considered just fixing all the trims and make it somewhat "straight"? It looks damn damn good with this nicely aged paint, but those beat up bumpers, dent in panels and trims make it look worse. PDR?

Have you considered just fixing all the trims and make it somewhat "straight"? It looks damn damn good with this nicely aged paint, but those beat up bumpers, dent in panels and trims make it look worse. PDR?

I actually have new(relatively) bumpers, a new hood, and a new trunk lid ready to throw on. Im planning on geting the body pulled straight in a few weeks. we will see how it looks.

I just noticed the Driver rear quarter... is that from the rear end hit? hopefully not. Good luck at the body shop. Keep the updates coming!

Yep. I actually took it to a body shop months back and he said exactly what you just said. Luckily it's not too bad, mostly superficial. I've got a new nose piece coming in as well. I'll for sure be updating a lot more in the coming weeks.

Right now I'm kind of dealing with a shady mechanic. I took it in to get the rear bushings replaced...six months ago. Every time I cal him he says hasn't found the parts yet. So I wanted to take the car back and he said its part. Initially I had him tune the carbs and valves, and he's saying that's still sort as well, so I'm going over there today to check it out. I just want my car. :omg:

Lookin good!!!
If possible....I'd like to see a pic of the white dashboard padding with steering wheel also in picture!?

The bumper change or straightening out will improve looks even more. Hood and trunklid...not that important (my opinon)

Keep up

Get that car out of there and down to my shop in Torrance. I usually have rubber and poly bushings in stock.

Lookin good!!!
If possible....I'd like to see a pic of the white dashboard padding with steering wheel also in picture!?

The bumper change or straightening out will improve looks even more. Hood and trunklid...not that important (my opinon)

Keep up

Thanks! Yea, as soon as i ge my car i'll snap some pics. The dash is actually red now, no longer white.

Get your car back asap even if you have to tow it home.

thats what i was ready to do. I went over there and it wasnt apart like he said. I told him cancel the rear suspension ill just do it myself. Hes gunna install a new choke and tweak the carbs a bit so ill pick it up next week. I trust him enough to be able to get that done. fingers crossed.

Don't waste your time with any shady shops - take it straight to Ian (hiperfauto). He is a wizard with these old pushrod Volvos and a great and honest guy.

http://hiperformanceautoservice.com/

Seriously, don't let this other guy "tweak the carbs" or anything. Take the car to Ian.

And I'd consider leaving the original paint job - people pay big bucks to reproduce the patina look on American cars and VWs - why not an Amazon? Your car will look great with the damage pulled out and a few fresh parts.

Don't waste your time with any shady shops - take it straight to Ian (hiperfauto). He is a wizard with these old pushrod Volvos and a great and honest guy.

http://hiperformanceautoservice.com/

Seriously, don't let this other guy "tweak the carbs" or anything. Take the car to Ian.

And I'd consider leaving the original paint job - people pay big bucks to reproduce the patina look on American cars and VWs - why not an Amazon? Your car will look great with the damage pulled out and a few fresh parts.

i do like the patina - but i also like a fresh shiny paint job. I dunno, we will see. Its still a long ways off.

Back