• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Asylum

1. Asylum

Bad Booster?

I was driving today and after about 45 minutes the next time I had to stop my brake pedal traveled about 1" and got really hard. I had to push very hard to get the car to stop. Then after a few minutes it went back to normal ( I thought) but when I got to my office I almost drove it into the...
  2. Asylum

Wagon swap options

Finally starting to work on my '84 245GL wagon and I wanted to do something different. I have a donor 5.0 mustang with a T-5 but recently I have the option of getting my hands on a IJZ-GTE with 5-spd or a 1ZUFE Lexus V8 with auto. Either way I have a lot of work to do but I want some opinions as...
  3. Asylum

Tire clearance

Is anybody running on 18"x8" wheels with a 38mm offset? What tires and are there any clearance problems? I want to lower my car 1.5 inches.
  4. Asylum

415HP will the Dana 30 Hold Up?

I am dropping a modified Ford 302 V8 in my DL wagon but not so sure the Dana 30 will hold up. Has anyone done a V8 swap and has had success with the stock rear diff? Anyone modify their Dana 30 and what parts did you use?
  5. Asylum

Automatic or Manual Transmission

I have a '83 245 Wagon that I am dropping a '91 5.0 V8. The wagon originally had an automatic transmission and I rather not convert it to a 5 speed manual. Has anyone done this swap with Ford C4 automatic transmission? I realize that I would have to modify the tranny tunnel on the wagon to fit...
  6. Asylum

New to the board

New to the board, from Miami Florida. I have read a lot of great threads and I hope to contribute some of my skills and experiences. Currently I have a '84 DL wagon that runs great with just over 322K miles on it that I purchased for $300 to start a project. I love drag racing but I also enjoy...
  7. Asylum

Bang for the Buck

I have a '84 DL wagon with 322K miles on it. I've seen the articles on the V8 swap in the 240's and i'm interested. What would be my best bang for the buck, building a turbo motor, or going to the V8 swap? I have a local 1/8th mile dragstrip very close to me so I would be running it there...
Back