• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Bready

1. Bready

Looking for assistance

Appreciate it sir :wave: - thinking the simplest solution is to take the worn threaded part to a muffler shop up the street and just have them weld it to the hole. :e-shrug:
  2. Bready

Looking for assistance

Hello my friends. So I have a 2001 C70 with OEM lower chassis braces. The front part of the bars are held in place by a bolt that screws into a threaded compression fitting insert - insert goes into a hole on the frame and once the bolt screws into the fitting during initial installation it...
  3. Bready

Brake Pads

They are intolerable at traffic lights - make my fillings ache. Weird I used them before on the 240 then moved to hawks on the 240 and C70. Hawks were bad hence the upgrade to the PFs which are ten times worse. :e-shrug:
  4. Bready

Brake Pads

Sorry should have mentioned FWD my bad. I used Hawks for ages and they were only slightly less noised than the Porters Running larger brake upgrade - slotted and drilled on a C70 Thanks for the feedback really appreciated - these pads suck noise wise - though great performance pads
  5. Bready

Brake Pads

Apologies I am sure this has been covered a million times but search function on here isn't the best. Have to take the Porterfields off they are squeaking horribly and driving me nuts - what are folks using that are a low noise performance (street) pad? Thankns
  6. Bready

S/V/C Fuel control module question

So I have a 2001 C70 that has a transplanted 2004 C70 Motor (old motor=B5234T3 new=B5234T9). Here's the question: when replacing the Fuel Control Module am I looking for one for the 2001 motor or the 2004 motor? Or does it matter. I guess the core of the question is - does the module vary...
  7. Bready

S/V/C Replacement power antenna masts

Anyone have preferred power antenna mast replacement for late 90s early 2000 power antennas? I've been using a brand from FCP but have found I need to grind down the bronze base a bit for it to fit. Just started getting a grinding noise out of the replacement I installed (I seem to break the...
  8. Bready

S/V/C 2010 V50 T5 R things to know?

GF is looking at a 2012 V50 T5 R - any pitfalls to know about? Thanks :wave:
  9. Bready

S/V/C Odd cold start issue

2001 C70 A bit odd - not infrequently at a cold start the car is getting no fuel, if I give it a few seconds it starts, starts even more quickly if I use the accelerator. Problem started when I did my engine swap, at that point it was just a brief hesitation and it seems to have gotten...
  10. Bready

S/V/C Yet another C30 thread

My new side-kick drives a 2011 C30 R. Check engine light came on and her motor is showing "lean codes". Her mechanic says they would need to do 4 hours of diagnostics at $125 an hour to figure out the problem. Any of you Volvo sages familiar with common causes of that code that might help...
  11. Bready

S/V/C 2012 XC60 Auto Tailgate not working

Any ideas? Fuse is good and I can hear the relay click when I push the button, just nothing happens. :e-shrug: Thanks
  12. Bready

Painting interrior trim

Are there color codes available for Volvo interior trims? Want to paint some trim pieces and don't want the whole trial and error thing.
  13. Bready

S/V/C Replacemnt battery cable terminal connectors

Anyone have a preferred battery terminal connector for 2003 V70? Thanks
  14. Bready

Sourcing a new lock cylinder for 2001 C70

So my ignition lock cylinder needs to be replaced. Dealer wants $500 just for the part and over $1000 for complete installation. So I can have my local guy do the install on a cylinder that's not an issue - but is there a more cost effective way to get a new cylinder. I think they have to...
  15. Bready

Vintage Car Cover recomendations

Looking for a cost effective yet adequate car cover for outdoors for my P1800 Suggestions? Thanks
Back