• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for assistance

Bready

board deviant
Hello my friends.

So I have a 2001 C70 with OEM lower chassis braces. The front part of the bars are held in place by a bolt that screws into a threaded compression fitting insert - insert goes into a hole on the frame and once the bolt screws into the fitting during initial installation it expands into place in the hole and secures itself in place.

One of those fittings has worn out and no longer seats in the hole it just falls out (see pic - the blue circled bolts screw into said fittings)

Any idea where to source those and what they are called? I can have someone tig weld the existing one in place but I'd rather just replace the fitting if that is possible.

174080488.jpg

174080533.jpg

174080535.jpg

Last edited:
Nutsert, Rivnut, expansion nut. All you need is a grade 8/10 bolt and a washer in order to install one. There is a special tool designed to install them that works like a very powerful grip rivet gun.

Appreciate it sir :wave: - thinking the simplest solution is to take the worn threaded part to a muffler shop up the street and just have them weld it to the hole. :e-shrug:

Back