• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by cwdodson88

1. cwdodson88

Identify B21 with flat top pistons for use in B20?

Just go straight to traum, arias, weisco.
  2. cwdodson88

Boring out a b18 and sleeving it for b21 pistons?

First article sample should be off the mill in a week or so. Printed prototypes worked out perfectly.
  3. cwdodson88

SOON! I just need to make some time. I promise I’ll get them on the schedule asap.
  4. cwdodson88

Yeah, if you’re ever east of pdx, let me know. It’s just a mock up block that’s been taking up space. I’ve got a couple b18-20 things in the works. Soon to be on the mills is a fuel injector holder/fuel rail. Then my intake manifold. Also going to be doing some little bits like alternator...
  5. cwdodson88

I’ve got a b18 that’s currently 0.040” over and needs a rework if you want a free one to try some silly stuff with. Also have a couple b20 heads that I’m done pulling measurements from. Huge thanks to hiperf on that. Here in the next bit of free time I have, I plan on running some CNC port...
  6. cwdodson88

1963 PV544 rat rod

If you’d like to offload that either flywheel… I have a spot in my garage for it.
  7. cwdodson88

Where do you like cam? Adv or ret

Advancing generally brings peak power lower in the revs, retarding will move it higher. With adjustable timing, it can be fun to try a few degrees on either side and see what feels best with what other mods you have. Then move a step further in the direction you liked best. Or do it on a dyno...
  8. cwdodson88

Dual Circuit Brake Master for Amazon

Currently I’m running the dual circuit with the standard proportioning valve found on cars with dual circuit brakes. It was way forward biased when I did the wilwood brake conversion. But all that changed back when I did the ford 8.8 rear axle. If you were to retrofit a dual circuit master, but...
  9. cwdodson88

Sorting my 144, SU HIF dieseling and stiff shifting M40.

Richen that pig up. Maybe even turn up the advance.
  10. cwdodson88

Sorting my 144, SU HIF dieseling and stiff shifting M40.

What ignition system? How is the engine? Old? Recent rebuild? My thoughts on dieseling are that it’s usually either the timing, fueling, or carbon creating the issue. Some weird ignition issues I have seen where there is actually spark after the ignition gets cut, but that’s usually linked...
  11. cwdodson88

Modified Fuel Tanks

I know a guy who can mill it for you. 🤪 I was thinking these https://www.radiumauto.com/Low-Profile-Swiveling-Banjo-Fittings-P1355.aspx Raise one boss(-10 or so about 0.2 off the plate, and the return up around 0.25-0.3) should be enough to clear the retainer, and potentially make it easier to...
  12. cwdodson88

Modified Fuel Tanks

Looks like a good design. One thought, if you made those bulky an fitting a raised boss at a couple different heights, you could run some radium low pro banjos. Might get a bit more clearance for activities.
  13. cwdodson88

Modified Fuel Tanks

If there’s a big enough spot for a 6x10 or even a 4-6”round or square, a person could pretty easily whip up a billet hanger. I’ve got a couple designs that might work for you. Also have some similar designs to the radium in tank surge tank. What size lines/fittings are you needing? How long...
  14. cwdodson88

Volvo B230ft stock fit header

So I have a chunk of 1.5x3x20 6061 aluminum. Basically I’d run the b230 head bolt pattern in it, with a 1/4npt fitting at each runner. You could bolt your flange to it, and weld it up. With that you’d need a dual regulator or two bottles. I could rent you a purge block and the regulator if you...
  15. cwdodson88

Volvo B230ft stock fit header

As for warping… good luck. Best results I’ve had have been from bolting down to a junk head clamped over a 1/16 rod at each runner with a tin foil gasket, or opting for a two pass run. Full purge, at 7-9cfh fusion, no filler and fast fusion, being sure to not outrun my cup. Then drink a beer and...
Back