• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dual Circuit Brake Master for Amazon

propav8r

F*ck Edgar
Hey y'all, on my '66 wagon I'd like to set it up with dual circuit brakes, just one line off the master to a tee for the rear drums, and a line off the front of the master to a tee for the front discs.

Is the easiest/cheapest way to do this with a dual circuit later Amazon/1800 master cylinder like this?

5533_c4a94415c3-full.jpg

The flange on the firewall looks like there may be a bunch of stuff that fits, potentially cheaper than the Volvo master (not that it's prohibative, but saving money is saving money).

If anybody has suggestions beyond "just buy the Volvo dual circuit master" lmk.

Hey, single to two circuit converts.. you had success doing so without adding a proportioning valve? Does the driving experience suggest a way to adjust to front:back bias might be valid?

Hey, single to two circuit converts.. you had success doing so without adding a proportioning valve? Does the driving experience suggest a way to adjust to front:back bias might be valid?
Currently I’m running the dual circuit with the standard proportioning valve found on cars with dual circuit brakes. It was way forward biased when I did the wilwood brake conversion. But all that changed back when I did the ford 8.8 rear axle.

If you were to retrofit a dual circuit master, but leave the rest of the system stock, I would say the stock valve is fine. But it might be cheaper to install an adjustable one.

I agree with Cwdodson that an adjustable valve is probably the way to go.

I think you may end up locking the rear brakes easily without one.

Back